Thread: technical questions?

technical questions?

is this the kind of delay i can expect when i ask a technical question? i asked a question about VCT tables with new cams and no one has anything to say? so no one with hptuners on this site has ever installed NSR comp cams on a mustang? i expect this kind of confusion on regular forums but does anyone have any information? im installing these on saturday. sorry to rant.

i usually go against ppl installing cams on the new GTs. If it's N/A it's not worth the time or money to install them, for a measily small power increase (15-20hp). Might as well put the money towards a blower

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

i didnt ask what mods i should do to my car. n these cams are a early christmas present and im a ford tech so my total cost is $0. so id call that a good deal. and its funny how many people spend thousands on blower kits and make nearly 500wheel and no one can trap 120mph. thats a waste of time if you ask me. people that spend 15-20k on builds on their mustangs are wasting thier time imo. for that money buy a c6 z06 and put 2k in mods and then u have a street car that is likely not to loose a race.

ive gave up on this site long ago lol. i just sign on once a month to see if rwtd has posted anything new haha. other than that, your best off just to put them in at go the trial and error way.

Well if u take a look at the GM VVT logic that ppl have been talking about here, u might get around the mustang logic of the VCT.

Not saying what you should or shouldn't put on your motor, just my advice, do want you want with it

and I 2nd that Blue Streak. (Well at least the Ford part anyway)

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

i mean i know hptuners is relatively new to ford but this is never going to get big unless people start posting stuff.

I tried to log onto the SCT forums site as well, and it looks like they keep everything a secret too... I'm not allowed to view any posts? Kinda frustrating.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    What do you need to do to get to see the posts on the SCT site? Do you have to buy the software?

i guess so..

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

yes sct keeps everything hidden. i tried that a few mos ago..

Quote Originally Posted by 02GTP View Post
    i didnt ask what mods i should do to my car. n these cams are a early christmas present and im a ford tech so my total cost is $0. so id call that a good deal. and its funny how many people spend thousands on blower kits and make nearly 500wheel and no one can trap 120mph. thats a waste of time if you ask me. people that spend 15-20k on builds on their mustangs are wasting thier time imo. for that money buy a c6 z06 and put 2k in mods and then u have a street car that is likely not to loose a race.
    Pretty rude statement, especially when asking for assistance. Not the way to make any friends. Are you just adding cams? Well what type.....lift? duration? lobe separation? Are you going to use different cam phasers? Max degree lock outs? Are the cams degreed in & to what advanced or retarded? How much? More details please. Once you provide the specifics then we may be able to give some assistance. Your bark for tech assistance requires more than just "I'm performing a cam installation & need FREE tuning info.-j
    Last edited by jah81592; 12-04-2009 at 02:51 PM.

well i didnt ask the guy what mods should i do. this wasnt a thread about what mod i should do next is it, did i miss somethin in my own thread? so that post was a complete waste of time. and i said in another post right before this one (at the time) comp stage 2 nsr's. look up the specs yourself if your not familiar with them. and yea this is the place to get FREE advice, thats the whole point of these forums is for people to share information. i really cant believe im the only one who has ever installed comp cams in an S197. i had one question about what to do with the vct. and obviously you are not familiar with S197 cams if your asking me about lift, duration, lobe seperation, degreeing, phasers, blah blah blah.

I will like info to ford too, i have an s197 full bolt ons an a 125 shot wet n want to put some cams on it but will not be sure to tune cause i have like more than 2 months trying to tune my friends 04 f150 full bolt ons with cams on it, cant make it to run. I will like the tuning school come up with ford tuning school so i can buy it.

not sure y your friends truck wont run. mine ran "untuned." but i figured out the vct for max power. if u need more info, ill share all i got.

What i found its that on the vct they are all in 0.00, the base n the base mbt is that normal.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GTPpower View Post
    What do you need to do to get to see the posts on the SCT site? Do you have to buy the software?
    You have to be a dealer and then they don't want to tell you anything or give you all the rights.
    James