Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: EQ <> VE Version 3.5

Advanced Tuner

EQ <> VE Version 5.0

Ok, here is a little update I decided to work on this week. Just a couple of new things and here they are:

1. Using smaller increments to get even more accuracy when generating equations. I am using 2 on the "Precision" slider bar (Very accurate)

2. Added a compare feature in the "VETable" screen so you can compare the current VE Table with one from a file by percent or raw value.

3. You can now use the 2 Zone textboxes below the slider bars to specify the zones you want to regenerate. They always default to 0 and 29 but you can change them to any value between 0 and 29. An example of needing this is when you want to just re-tune certain zones for WOT or cruising.

************** UPDATE ************
    Ok, I was a little disappointed in the speed of generating the equations with the new accuracy so I made it faster, now generates 4 time faster or so.
    Added new options under the options menu:
    1. You can specify how many background threads to start to generate the equations. (2x threads seems to work good for Dual and Single core, you can go up to 4x threads with Dual or quad core machines, play with it yourself to see what works best for your CPU)
    2. You can specify wether or not to do CPU throttling (CPU throttling checked = don't hammer the CPU so you can do other stuff to some degree, Unchecked = the background threads will hammer the CPU to get the generation done as quickly as possible)
    3. Don't worry about the Zone numbers jumping around in the Listbox when you are running 2x threads or greater, it is just the backgroud threads working at the same time, everything will end up in order after the generate is complete.
    4. Fixed the bugs reported by you guys in this thread.
    5. Make sure you extract the DLL and EXE out of the ZIP file if you are not replacing your data files.
    6. I put a link below for the VC++ runtime files that most of you will probably need to run this version.

************** UPDATE #3 1/28/2016************
    Just an update for a few of you guys out there that requested some stuff:
    1. Recompiled main U.I. with newest Visual Studio 2015 using .NET framework 4.6.1 (see links below for runtime files)
    2. Recompiled DLL with newest Visual Studio 2015 for more speed in equation generation (see links below for runtime files)
    3. Updated hooks for getting equations/tables in and out of HPT for 2.25 beta's.
    4. Changed the thread selection from a multiplier to just a static number of threads to select from.
    ENJOY GUYS!

Here is the link to the new 5.0 Version
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/w4...x94/EQ_VE5.zip

************** UPDATE #4 02/12/2016************
    Just an update for a few of you guys out there that requested some stuff:
    1. Made some optimization tweaks to the dll.
    2. Added compatibility for Gen 5 vehicles!!!!!!!!!!!
    3. Added VE Table format for Gen 5 vehicles.
    ENJOY GUYS!

Here is the link to the new 5.0.5875.22995 Version
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/w4...x94/EQ_VE5.zip

************** UPDATE #5 03/05/2016************
    1. Made some fixes so you can flip the axis's of Gen 5 VE table.
    ENJOY GUYS!

Here is the link to the new 5.0.5908.14064 Version
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ka...mo5/EQ_VE5.zip

.NET 4.6.1 Runtime download:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=49981

Here is the link for Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 runtime files if you need them (select the x86 version even if you have a 64 bit machine, the DLL is written in 32 bit for speed reasons).
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=49984
    Last edited by ktoonsez; 03-05-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the update

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ktoonsez View Post
    1. Using smaller increments to get even more accuracy when generating equations. I am using 2 on the "Precision" slider bar (It takes 18 minutes to produce them but very accurate)
    Ahhh, the reason everyone should have Windows 7, a Quad4 processor, some good RAM, and an SSD.

P.s. Nice work, as usual!
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Senior Tuner
    is the code Open?

Tuner in Training
    ktoones this may be a silly question but is there a way to copy the ve table that is generated by the equations in your program. Like say for instance i want to right click the table and copy it so that i can open an 05 c6 file in hptuners and paste it in that program's ve table so that i can use their smoothing utilities and then paste that ve table back into your ve creator program and then generate the equations and send them back to my 06 vette file. if that makes any sense..lol

You can do exactly what you are asking about, z06Hunter. This is how I set up an initial VE table in my custom OS on my Z06.

ktoonsez, I was editing the table dimensions file and added a table for the LS7 which goes up to 7200rpm, and follows the custom axes that I made in my operating system (I have the beta 2.5bar system). When I generated the VE table, and went to view it, all of the columns were out of order. I will try to reproduce the problem and post a screen shot of it when I get home. This was not with the most recent 3.5 version, though.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by z06Hunter View Post
    ktoones this may be a silly question but is there a way to copy the ve table that is generated by the equations in your program. Like say for instance i want to right click the table and copy it so that i can open an 05 c6 file in hptuners and paste it in that program's ve table so that i can use their smoothing utilities and then paste that ve table back into your ve creator program and then generate the equations and send them back to my 06 vette file. if that makes any sense..lol
    To do this, you open the VETable screen highlight all the cells and press "Ctrl" plus "C" to copy to clipboard and paste it into whatever program you want. To paste back into my VETable screen highlight all cells again and press "Ctrl" plus "V".

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    You can do exactly what you are asking about, z06Hunter. This is how I set up an initial VE table in my custom OS on my Z06.

ktoonsez, I was editing the table dimensions file and added a table for the LS7 which goes up to 7200rpm, and follows the custom axes that I made in my operating system (I have the beta 2.5bar system). When I generated the VE table, and went to view it, all of the columns were out of order. I will try to reproduce the problem and post a screen shot of it when I get home. This was not with the most recent 3.5 version, though.
    Make sure you have tabs between all RPM and MAP values and the lines for the RPM's and MAP's have a tab and a "." at the end (looking at the file in notepad you can see this). Use the newest version for sure because I know it works as I added a "Ken's VE Format" that has a smaller resolution for MAP's and RPM's and goes to 7000 RPM.

I'll try your new version. I copied another table and added an extra section, and edited it according to instructions you gave me in another thread. Thanks!

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    I'll try your new version. I copied another table and added an extra section, and edited it according to instructions you gave me in another thread. Thanks!
    Maybe it will work now with 3.5. It does remember your selection now from the dropdown box in the VE table screen.

I am having a problem applying HPTuners scanner data to the VE table using the latest version. Histogram data is open to the table I want to apply. Software grabs the data and trys to apply it but I get a NET framework error and the software hangs. What am I doing wrong?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you want to try the newest beta shoot support an email, it might fix that issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Scan was created using Beta 2.23.3377.39362
    Editor is same version.
    I have Beta 2.23.3610.18541 on the shop computer.
    I have not had time to build a new dashboard so I can view the log file.
    Will the newer Beta make a difference?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I have no idea but it couldn't hurt from the looks of it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Is the .NET error occuring in my program or HPTuners?

Hard to tell what is causing the error.
    I have NET frame work 3.5 SP1 installed
    It appears that EQ<>VE V3.5 tries to grab the data from the histogram in the HP editor. The histogram chart highlights blue when you use "Apply HP Scanner Data" from the Analysis Modifying drop down menu. Then the Data Manipulation menu appears. After selecting multiply, Min hit count 1, and throw away un-hit fields, then start, the error message appears. If you select quit, EQ<>VE V3.5 closes. If you select continue EQ<>VE V3.5 remains open but you have the Microsoft "blue circle of death" in the VE table window. At that point EQ<>VE V3.5 is hung and the only option it to quit the program.
    Any ideas would help.
    Copying back and forth to Excel to apply corrections from the histograms is a pain.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, it is my program, I will check it out tomorrow. Just for your information and others that read this, never click continue on a .NET error in any program, I don't know why Microsoft even has that button, since memory is dimented and the program never responds properly after that. Please give me a step by step of everything you are doing, right from the starting of my program, what you click to get equations and VE table loaded. Basically every click so I can try to reproduce it.

ktoonsez email me @ [email protected] and I will send you an email with the HPTuners log file, the histogram, Table_Dim.txt file, .BVE file, .BEQ file and a step by step summary of what causes the error in EQ<>VE 3.5.
    Remember the log file was created with the 2.23 beta software.
    Last edited by wstaab; 11-30-2009 at 10:36 AM.

Posting here as a reminder to check this out later. It looks interesting.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wstaab View Post
    ktoonsez email me @ [email protected] and I will send you an email with the HPTuners log file, the histogram, Table_Dim.txt file, .BVE file, .BEQ file and a step by step summary of what causes the error in EQ<>VE 3.5.
    Remember the log file was created with the 2.23 beta software.
    I found your problem, it is because you modified my table_dim file, I will fix it but currently working on a DLL to make equations calculate quicker so it will be fixed when I get that done (about a week or so). In the mean time if you put the table_dim file back to original it will work for you. Or leave the 7200 RPM and add a 109 MAP column to the table_dim. Either one should work for you. Also, dont forget to change you histo's.