Thread: Multiple tunes

Tuner in Training

Multiple tunes

I have seen where EFI live users can have a switch to run a few different tunes and switch between them on the fly, is there something like this that HP tuners can do for the Duramaxs?

i was woundering this to would be a nice thing to have

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Not currently
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    when will it be available? also for like the ls1/2 where you flip a swith to pull timing for a nitrous and na tune<?

Advanced Tuner
    OMG this would be plain awesome... i'd love to see something like this implemented in an upcoming release

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blander66 View Post
    I have seen where EFI live users can have a switch to run a few different tunes and switch between them on the fly, is there something like this that HP tuners can do for the Duramaxs?
    I know this an old post but I'm going to respond anyway, the Edge Insight Pro will work as a comparison to the DSP5, with the HPT.

Senior Tuner
    So you can switch tunes while driving with it?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    So you can switch tunes while driving with it?
    it is supposed to be on the fly, just like the DSP3/5, but I have not had a chance to test it yet

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mvasek View Post
    it is supposed to be on the fly, just like the DSP3/5, but I have not had a chance to test it yet
    Mvasek How does it work. Do you load tunes to the edge or still to the ecm?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by William2004lb7 View Post
    Mvasek How does it work. Do you load tunes to the edge or still to the ecm?
    from what I gather from some experience with efi live recently , I installed a dsp5 and the way the system is set up you unpin the two connectors in ecm harness for the fuel temp switch and replace them with the dsp5 pins this allows you to tune the truck then by using the resistor in the dsp5 cause the ecm to see a change that sends it to another predetermined map in the tune files effectively adding fuel and boost to increase the output. I know this because my ecm took a dump with efi live and the tuneing from another outfit (reputable at that) and at the dealer ship while getting a new ecm we had to repin the ecm to stock and I was given a sheet that tells what all of the pins in the connector were those twop were for the fuel tem p sensor by varing the resitance you cause ecm to change mapping on the fly TRICKERY AT ITS BEST

No, the cts2 pro DOES NOT allow tune selection on the fly like a dsp5 switch with efilive. Each tune must be flashed individually. It's still far more convenient than carrying a laptop everywhere though.

Potential Tuner
    11 years later, anything now?
    2017 Jaguar XF 3.0L V6 Supercharged