Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Drunken ECU Experimentation

Advanced Tuner
    Ah, gotcha. Dang...

So I tried the Cobalt GMS1 tune on the car today for shits and giggles.

While it started, idled, and drove around OK....when I went WOT there was issues! The car hit a total wall as boost ramped up and it just cut power WAY back before it even thought about starting. I realize I have the wrong MAP sensors, I know this LOL. I was hoping it would just read wrong, but I could get 1 3rd gear pull in and see what that does to the WG DC%. But FAIL. So don't try going and driving it around LOL!!

Thanks for doing the initial legwork!

Edit: And I had a GM 3 Bar laying around somewhere...I searched frantically and can't find it at that moment
    Last edited by BackyardTurbo_FTW; 11-30-2009 at 04:31 PM.

You'll need two of the 3 BAR's

My car did the same hitting the wall thing, when I look in the logs you can see ETC peddle pos 100%, but ETC pos % at 50-60. After driving around some more this condition cleared up and I was able to get WOT power. I had a slew of weird things going on, like initially really high idle. Also I had some really weird roller coaster boost too. If my laptop was around I'd post it up. Not wise at all going WOT on this flash, but I just couldnt resist.

It was really weird though, like the boost comes on much later than I'm used to. I was seeing 24-25psi on the RPD, which if you subtract the 2psi for incorrect sensors is about right from most accounts I've read of the stage kit.

I forgot to put the friggen BCS duty PID on my logs except for the last one, which the CEL set on and the data was useless

Until we can get our hands on some sensors, the experiment is on hold

Having 1 saves some money to experiment further lol.

But yea, looks on hold til we can get our hands on the right sensors..

Advanced Tuner
    So gimpster i guess you dont want the gms1 cobalt tune then?

I want it, but .... not wanting to pay

Tell your buddy to donate it to the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpster View Post
    I want it, but .... not wanting to pay

Tell your buddy to donate it to the cause.
    ...'cause we can all help many others with it.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry man, im not the one who paid for it, all i did was pull it off. Its still waaaayyyy cheaper than buying the stage kit. Pm me maybe we could work something out.

Advanced Tuner
    So, just accidentally send it through an email. We won't even be upset about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
    Sorry man, im not the one who paid for it, all i did was pull it off. Its still waaaayyyy cheaper than buying the stage kit. Pm me maybe we could work something out.
    Put it in the tune repository...that is the only way this community has any hope of growing!
    2000 NavyBlueMetallic GTP Coupe 14.007 @98.5 - New time coming soon!
    HPTuners / Intercooler / 1.8 SLP Rockers / 3.1" / 180° / TB Shield / FWI / PLOG / Jimmy-C Downpipe / U-Bend Delete / Taurus Fan / Alt. rewire / FP rewire / F-Body Brakes / Buick Strut Braces / SLP Tips / 20% Tint

Advanced Tuner
    Everybody throw some money in. Sorry he's my friend and don't wanna screw him over. Maybe you'll be more interested when the sensors aren't on back order.

Everybody throw some money in. Sorry he's my friend and don't wanna screw him over. Maybe you'll be more interested when the sensors aren't on back order.
    Wait, let me get this straight. You have a friend that has the GMPP upgrade. It has zero impact on him to let you pull the calibration, but he wants money to do so? I would look into finding new friends. I did not post this expecting everyone to pitch in $100 before I would reveal that it all worked!
    2000 NavyBlueMetallic GTP Coupe 14.007 @98.5 - New time coming soon!
    HPTuners / Intercooler / 1.8 SLP Rockers / 3.1" / 180° / TB Shield / FWI / PLOG / Jimmy-C Downpipe / U-Bend Delete / Taurus Fan / Alt. rewire / FP rewire / F-Body Brakes / Buick Strut Braces / SLP Tips / 20% Tint

If you have a file and are just unwilling to post it up for the better of the tuning community, do not solicit the sale of it on here.

Give it time, surely someone will have one soon to post up without trying to make a big deal out of it. It's just a file.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not saying that much money, not trying to screw everyone. He asked that if I am going to put the tune online, he would like to recoup SOME expense. I had 2 people contact me through pm. One now has the tune, and the other had an amount told to him previously. He wasn't interested in me pulling the tune because he is just running the stage tune itself right now, and I have HPT. He told me that he would like to get something back out of it since he has spent alot of money into it. Even though it is not warrantied like it is gmpp, it seems it should have some value. If anyone wants to get logs of the stage tune on the pill I will post a link. Here You Go

Everybody throw some money in.
    This is why open source tuning generally fails. Some one always tries to make money off the small things, that could potentially advance the community.

So... let me get this straight. It sounds like this guy is using a GMPP S1 with the pill mod.
    By my way of thinking, because the pill mod is open source community information; this guy should be 'paying' the community back for the use of the information.
    Tyler

Well, hopefully next time you post for some help on the board someone doesn't ask you for payment to pay them back for the time and money they spent to obtain the knowledge they have shared with you...
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Advanced Tuner
    Whatever, its not me, and its not going to advance everything without being able to get the sensors...

Whatever, its not me, and its not going to advance everything without being able to get the sensors...
    Correction!
    Releasing the GMPP tune to the LNF guys will let them experiment.
    Through experimentation, they may (will!) find a way to manipulate the HPT data to suit similar Bosch TMAP's, such as the VW and Mercedes 3bar sensors.
    This would open up the restrictions, which were previously limited due to the low volume of available sensors.
    Tyler

Correct.

As I posted way above, I believe the VW/Benz sensors would be "good enough". All I'm going to say is someone was nice enough to post GMPP tunes for the Kappa's and the HHR, which directly benefits you. Tell your buddy to step up to the plate for the Cobalt. Whatever knowledge we discover is to his benefit too. Also think of all the time people like BYT etc have saved you with the valuable information posted.

In the end one of us will eventually get our hands on that tune and if those sensors work, you could use it on your HHR.

Really no reason to respond though, we understand your friends stance on the matter clearly.

Someone point me in the direction of the best sensors to try (regardless of price) and I will purchase them and give it a shot.