Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Drunken ECU Experimentation

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BCH-0281002437/

IMO, those are the best shot. Thats the 3 BAR TMAP sensor people use on the VW's etc.

Tyler

Advanced Tuner
    I understand what you guys are saying. If each person wants to throw down like $10, he wanted to get atleast $100 total. Imo thats not unreasonable. Sooner or later everyone will have the tune but i dont want to screw my friend. If someone wants to give a a set of map sensors that work for the gmpp tune, Ill gladly pay him the money myself to beable to use a gmpp tune.

Going to go with Summit for the extra $2. They ship super fast! Ill order 2 sensors and 2 pigtails tomorrow and we'll go from there. Ill report back on this when I receive all the parts and its time MUaahaaahaaaaaa

BYT do you have paypal?? I'll send you $10 for research purposes! I know you have helped me out numorous times!
    06 Cobalt LT pacesetter cat back, eibach lowering, AEM CAI, Zex 75 shot. 190whp

09 CObalt SS, Dejon spring mod, Hahn catted Down pipe, 3" cat back with a borla muffler. Still slow...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
    I understand what you guys are saying. If each person wants to throw down like $10, he wanted to get atleast $100 total. Imo thats not unreasonable. Sooner or later everyone will have the tune but i dont want to screw my friend. If someone wants to give a a set of map sensors that work for the gmpp tune, Ill gladly pay him the money myself to beable to use a gmpp tune.
    Is it Mark's car? If so, you guys just need to post already.... Don't see why this is such a big deal... How about this, Tell him to run his Stage car against one of my LNF tune cars.. If the car I tuned come out ahead, I get the file and I post it for the better good of this tuning community.... If he wins, I tune his car free of charge...

P&P Tuning

Advanced Tuner
    Well marks couldve prolly won the other night, He was running the pill on top of his stage tune with barely any knock. He traded his tune for a tune on his car but i havnt used my last 2 credits to put the tune on his car yet. Once byt uses marks tune with those sensors, well see how it works out. I know i dont really want to use my last 2 credit and never get anything back out of it either, sorry. I dont understand how it went from a couple people saying they were willing to throw some money to him for the tune to everyone having something to say about it. Imo giving out his stock stage tune would be like giving out someone like byt or term2's tune after buying it from them... Ryan, why dont yout tune his car and then you can post it up on here?
    Last edited by Jaxon; 12-01-2009 at 10:05 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Tell your friend to ditch the buyers remorse. I will buy him a garbage can and ship it to him just so he has something special to throw it in. Jeez.

I am sure if he helps us out here, in some round about way he will get something in return. Instead, we all think hes a douche nozzle, and if he came up to me for help, I would laugh in his face.

I mean really. Gimp and I discovered the HHR tune will work just fine. Its free. So, for $100, the dealership will notice my Cobalts not really an HHR. I will save the money and buy a beer with it. Hell, if he put the tune up here, I would buy the guy a beer if I ever meet him in real life. But, until that, I'll just laugh at him when my car is faster because everyone hates him and won't help him.

Not to be a dick to Jax's friend, BUT I traded fair and square for this file, so Im considering it mine now. If I go out and do the work buying the sensors and we find a way to do this, I will supply the file to the people that buy the sensors also. Everyone is here trying to push further and even people that tune for money are offering the goods for free here! I posted 2 solid tunes in the repository that ANYONE could flash to their car and go WOW! No reason to hide the goods! I have no issue putting out the money or the work to go further Gimp, MK, omega, Term, imbroke etc.. all people trying very hard to find out what the max of these stock parts are, and also trying to rediscover what the max really is too!! I will gladly share with other people putting out effort, and those people only!!

Not trying to be a dick to your friend, I appreciate his trade for the goods. But there is plenty of people doing legwork here for nothing, they should be rewarded for their efforts.

*please dont PM me saying can I have the GMS1 file, it really does you NO good until we figure out the sensors. Im buying them this morning and will be testing them as soon as I get them. If anyone then forks out the loot to buy them themselves, I will supply the file to further test this out!*

Quote Originally Posted by mkriebs View Post
    Hell, if he put the tune up here, I would buy the guy a beer if I ever meet him in real life. But, until that, I'll just laugh at him when my car is faster because everyone hates him and won't help him.
    So...do I get a beer?
    2000 NavyBlueMetallic GTP Coupe 14.007 @98.5 - New time coming soon!
    HPTuners / Intercooler / 1.8 SLP Rockers / 3.1" / 180° / TB Shield / FWI / PLOG / Jimmy-C Downpipe / U-Bend Delete / Taurus Fan / Alt. rewire / FP rewire / F-Body Brakes / Buick Strut Braces / SLP Tips / 20% Tint

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    *please dont PM me saying can I have the GMS1 file, it really does you NO good until we figure out the sensors. Im buying them this morning and will be testing them as soon as I get them. If anyone then forks out the loot to buy them themselves, I will supply the file to further test this out!*
    So, where are you in PA?
    2000 NavyBlueMetallic GTP Coupe 14.007 @98.5 - New time coming soon!
    HPTuners / Intercooler / 1.8 SLP Rockers / 3.1" / 180° / TB Shield / FWI / PLOG / Jimmy-C Downpipe / U-Bend Delete / Taurus Fan / Alt. rewire / FP rewire / F-Body Brakes / Buick Strut Braces / SLP Tips / 20% Tint

: gets popcorn and eagerly awaits the results of the test... :

'12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    Not to be a dick to Jax's friend, BUT I traded fair and square for this file, so Im considering it mine now. If I go out and do the work buying the sensors and we find a way to do this, I will supply the file to the people that buy the sensors also. Everyone is here trying to push further and even people that tune for money are offering the goods for free here! I posted 2 solid tunes in the repository that ANYONE could flash to their car and go WOW! No reason to hide the goods! I have no issue putting out the money or the work to go further Gimp, MK, omega, Term, imbroke etc.. all people trying very hard to find out what the max of these stock parts are, and also trying to rediscover what the max really is too!! I will gladly share with other people putting out effort, and those people only!!
    Not trying to be a dick to your friend, I appreciate his trade for the goods. But there is plenty of people doing legwork here for nothing, they should be rewarded for their efforts.

Well put.... Sensors being ordered today. Hopefully the clutch holds out until we can get the new one in...

P&P Tuning

Im in the pocono's, PA.

No need to donate, i appreciate the offer tho

Advanced Tuner
    There's no need to argue about screwing someone - there are plenty of Stage1 cars out there - don't pay this guy! Post up on cobaltss.net and solstice and sky forums. Someone will share it for free to better the community. If this works, our supporting vendors (hahn, dejon, werks, ect) will probably be willing to carry the sensors and the tune will go up in the repository...
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Just some info on the VW map vs the GM S1.

The Stage 1 senor is; 11 kpa -> 0.25V , 307 kpa -> 4.75V
    The VW sensor is; 20 kpa -> 0.4V , 300 kpa -> 4.65V

The slope is virtually identical... but the offset is slightly skewed (about 1.7kpa difference). It's nothing that can't be taken up in the tune, though.
    Last edited by omega_5; 12-02-2009 at 12:36 PM.
    Tyler

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMcMadMac View Post
    So...do I get a beer?
    Where are you located? If I ever make it to your area, then hell yeah!

BYT:
    I am gonna try to wait out the GMPP sensors, I got alot of goodies to pay for this winter, lol. I appreciate your willingness to help the community out, and you too get a beer if I ever meet you, lol.

Lmao, blue moon no orange slice lol

Tdiparts= major win!!

2 sensors + connectors = $180 shipped

he says 2 days and ill have them, so should be able to do this over the weekend and have confirmation!!! Woot!!

Advanced Tuner
    HELL YEAH! Ever had shocktop? Its alot like blue moon.

Wooo! To the sensors. If this works, I will likely pick a set up. I forgot about our quarterly bonus on this next check. Would be just enough to whip this out (and buy beers for the whole group).