Thread: Service stabilitrak

Service stabilitrak

06 tbss with minor bolton mods.

Guy is telling me he gets a service stabilitrak message when he got WOT rapidly but doesnt loose power. I have never seen this one before on such a "low" powered vehicle.

Any ideas? we have rest the computers, bcm and truck as a whole

I will add the file later once I get back to my laptop

Tuner in Training
    i ve had 2 do that now. one of them being mine. would like to know if there is amything that can be done
    2006 trailblazer SS , LS2, L92 heads,L92 intake, LT headers, CAI, comp cams 224 224 115 lsa, transgo shift kit,billet servos, e-fans.

check the front 02 sensors or for the plugs. I know that on the Gen4 trucks, when stabilitrak and traction control get disabled, it's usually due to a misfire. On the Gen4 cars, it's usually to do with the front 02s'.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Advanced Tuner
    my tbss is doing the same, im still under extended GMPP so im taking it to the dealer,, of course it 100% stock

ive found if i put the key in and turn it to start quickly, i will get this almost every time. if i put the key in. turn the ignition to 'on' then wait 5 seconds then start, no problems at all.

-carl

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone find anything else out about this? My buddy bought a wrecked '06 TBSS. It has airbags in the rear, I assume to stabilize body roll. One of them is destroyed as a result of the wreck and we are trying to drift it in his yard but a service message comes on that says "Stabilitrak active" and it reduces engine power and RPMs in spurts. My guess is that the system is trying to stabilize the body roll but can't because of the flat air bag and is sensing no response so it then goes into limp mode temporarily. It doesn't happen when going straight on level ground. Basically, I just need to disable that low power mode so we can play with the car before we pull the engine for another project. I've found one code and disabled it under engine diag. and it seems to stop it from doing it about 80% of the time it still does it when you are gassing it hard enough. I can't find any other stabilization-related codes to disable.

J. J.

You do know there is a button on the side of the shifter right that turns off traction control if you push it once. On if you push and hold it for 5 seconds it turns off stabilatrack. If you know about the button and thats not working good enough for you, pull ABS fuse and wear helmets
    2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS AWD with boltons GP tuned
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 LTZ RS Vermount Stade 0 tuned

Advanced Tuner
    I did know of the button but not about holding it. I will try that and report back. Thank you.

How about tuning out the lag in throttle response? I have read about it on forums and that it is possible to tune it out??? If I stomp the gas its about a full second before anything happens.

J. J.

Holding the button will get you a little more fun but when I get mine way out off shape it the snow it will still straighten it self out. There are a few recent threads on throttle response that shouldn't be to hard to find.
    2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS AWD with boltons GP tuned
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 LTZ RS Vermount Stade 0 tuned