Thread: Engine Swap into an OBD1 vehicle

Tuner

Engine Swap into an OBD1 vehicle

I'm wondering how this would work. It's an OBD 2 motor and ecm going into an OBD 1 vehicle. I think I know how this would work, but I want to be sure.

Basically, swap over an entire harness and disable all the BCM functions? Is there anything else that I'd need to worry about?

Tuner in Training
    Depends on what kinda vehicle it is.

I just recently picked up a 95 Cutlass (OBD1.5) and easily converted it to OBD2.

Off hand, I cant really think of any OBD1 GM vehicles that have a BCM or let alone one that really does much of anything.

Im using just a 97 harness repinned at the C100 connector and 97 Lumina PCM. I didnt touch any of the body wiring.
    2002 Buick Rendezvous CXL AWD
    LX9 Swapped

Tuner
    '02+ Cavalier going into an '86 Fiero if that helps.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Jedi View Post
    '02+ Cavalier going into an '86 Fiero if that helps.
    have you heard of an L67 fiero ? ( 3800 supercharged)

just making sure you know about the swap - they work very well and its a popular swap so plenty of people that have done it and could tell you what they did to make it all work
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

LS4 from 2007 imp ss into 86 fiero
    engine /trans/harness/ecm/tcm (disable vats to start) no bcm
    IT'S GOT TO HAVE PUSH RODS TO BE A REAL STREETROD

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2M8 View Post
    LS4 from 2007 imp ss into 86 fiero
    engine /trans/harness/ecm/tcm (disable vats to start) no bcm
    got any links to vids of track passes or anything on that ls4 fiero ? that swap is a natural progression of all the 3800 swaps since the same transaxle is used

I would love to see more info
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

It's a daily driver been driving it over a year now had it's second NYS OBD dyno emmission test in aug never had it to the track (they won't build one on long island it will bring too much traffic) haven't lost too many street races not to bad for daily driver with working A/C that get over 30 mpg in dod on the highway....only one problem i'm still working on is headlight doors pop up at 127 mph and rip off at 139 mph e-mail me for some project pic's [email protected]
    IT'S GOT TO HAVE PUSH RODS TO BE A REAL STREETROD