Thread: What am I doing wrong?

Potential Tuner

What am I doing wrong?

OK, First off I'm a total noob at this. I changed my shift points, line pressure, and abuse settings. I screwed it all up, but thought it wasn't a big deal. I'll just re flash with my factory settings...... Long story short it won't flash back. After 3 attempts i cant get back to where I started. Is there any help for me?

2006 Chevy Cobalt
    2.4L auto

what message are you getting that it wont flash back? and you didnt save over your stock tune did you? i sure hope not.
    2000 Camaro Z28- stock motor. P/S LT's, TSP TD bullet style mufflers,de screen maf, LID and K&N filter. 2.73's
    180,000 miles and going strong!!

2004 Silverado 2500HD- stock 6.0, drop in K&N filter, 285-75/16 sport king A/T's.

Potential Tuner
    I'm not getting an error message, it just finishes like it's done a dozen times now, except when i drive nothing has been changed. One of the things I messed up on is it shifts into 2nd at 4000rpm. It still does so I know nothing has changed.

I still have the factory file, that's what I tried flashing back to.

Potential Tuner
    The only stock file I found in the tune repository gave an error that TCM not found.

Potential Tuner
    This is the messed up tune from a few days ago, and the original factory tune I saved when I first started.

Potential Tuner
    Another silly question; Is there a relearn procedure or a minimum time/distance that needs to happen or is it simply like a switch that's either this or that?
    I've never changed anything in the trans settings prior to this, but the changes to the engine settings have always been immediate.

Potential Tuner
    OK I got it, well I can drive it anyway. I read the current tune then copied/pasted the tables from the factory tune into it and then did a write entire. For some reason it took it this time. It surges in 4th gear like it's not locked up, so it's not truly fixed yet, but at least i can drive it now. Thanks for the help and any idea what I need to change now to get it to lock up.

I am kinda having the same issues.. I cant get my car to shift at WOT like it should... it shifts from 2-3 and 3-4 ok but when I it shifts from 1-2 is surges like its hitting the rev limiter.. can someone look at it please... I would really appreciate it...

Sorry to thread jack but I dont want to start a new thread on a similar issue...

I am having issues uploading right now I will up load a tune and log as soon as I can
    2002 Pontaic Sunfire 4 Door 2.2 Ecotec
    15.9 best 1/4 @ 87mph (I/H/E)

2005 Silverado 2500HD 2WD LLY, Amsoil in the motor, 4" MBRP DP back, 4-6" tip, EGR Blocker plate, small HP Tune, boost and pyro gauge. PPE shim kit.

14.8 best 1/4 @ 91 MPH
    @ aprox 68*

Tuner in Training
    my 03 grandam surges in every upshift and its simply due to the momentum of the torque converter jerking on the next gear as it engages. if u really want to get rid of it go in vcm editor, select the transmission tab then select the shift properties and click desired shift time normal. the numbers are the amount of time it will take for the clutch packs to fully engage in a gear. 0 would be like popping the clutch in a manual car and a higher number wud be like slipping the hell out of a clutch. the performance table on mine was all 0s from the factory. heres what my factory tune looks like (not my current tune).
    2003 Pontiac Grand Am SE

2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE/T

2001 Ford F150 XLT Supercrew