Thread: how about this,

Tuner

how about this,

a dual bank tune in our pcms, set up with a hack somehow to take a 03 04 pcm with a 1 meg flash and make it 2 512k seperate files. one for say nitrous, and then flip a switch and then it uses the other 512k and will have a totally different program in it, that would be pretty cool for us 02 and down guys that use the 512k intel flash
    fast as fast can be..... When i hit the nos, youll be sayin... WAIT4ME!!!!!

Tuner in Training

Re: how about this,

I like how you think

Tuner

i really dont think it would be that hard.. use an unused input from the pcm, and in the operating system just a couple of new lines of code, and poof a ford type multibank system, id pay extra for that
    fast as fast can be..... When i hit the nos, youll be sayin... WAIT4ME!!!!!

a 25 sec flash is not enough? :huh2:

Not going to happen guys...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner

just take your 512k pcm, desolder the flash, replace with a 1meg flash, add in a switch to pull one memory address line high or low, thats how you get dual flash on one pcm and maintain dlc programability.

There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

well it ain't really that simple, the flash is erased an written in banks which are generally non-uniform in size and location inside the chip ememory structure. Also the type of flash chip is important to the code that is erasing or flashing it. The PCM erases and flashes various parts of the PCM as part of normal operation.

I count sheep in hex...