Thread: Disabling passlock on 03 cavalier

Potential Tuner

Disabling passlock on 03 cavalier

I have a 2.2L ecotec from a 2003 Cavalier.

I am interested in swapping this motor into a different style of chassis of car, totally different make altogether. I was wondering if anyone knew of any why to get the PCM to disregard any anti-theft functions? In wiring the motor into the car, I would like to still retain the stock PCM for the Ecotec, but do not want to get into having to wire in the BCM for the car, and the passlock system. Any help, advice, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dogn View Post
    yes with HPTuners you can dissable the vats system
    You can dissable it with HPTuners but I have run into this problem before with the 3800 V6 swaps where you will dissable it with HPTuners but when you go to fire up the car it won't go and the anti-theift enables. It's because the computer still has to see the signal from the BCM (which in a 3800 swapped cavalier is eliminated), he is also planning on eliminating the BCM from this setup so I'm wondering if the same sort of thing will happen. The fix for my issue was to reflash the computer with a 98 GTP file as this year car did not have passlock in it from the factory. Once I flashed that file to the car it fired right up because anti thieft was taken right out of the equation, but I don't think the eco ever came from the factory without some sort of anti-thieft.

Maybe Bill could shed some light on the subject???
    Last edited by raven3800t; 12-15-2009 at 07:04 AM.