Thread: vss on TBI truck to 5.3/4l60e

Advanced Tuner

vss on TBI truck to 5.3/4l60e

I am going to be putting a 5.3l and 4l60e in my 91 4x4 and the t-case that i am using has 17 teeth vs the 40 that the 4l60e had. I need to use the 17 because that makes the speedo work correctly now in the truck. Can i change the pulse per mile and with that make my tranny shift right? i was just going to splice into the 2 wires on the t-case that the truck has to pick this up. thanks in advance.
    2008 Denali XL AWD LSA Blower
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

Advanced Tuner
    Well that seems easy enough. you think i can run the speedo and ecm if i just tap into the wires? Why did you have to use an interface? I am going to run the tbi coolant sensor on the other head that just has a plug and leave the stock coolant sensor on the driver head. And for oil pressure just run the tbi sensor where the regular one goes. the ecm doesnt have to have it. tach just have to change to v8 mode vs 4cyl mode. My only thing to worry about is speedo...hope this works. thanks.
    2008 Denali XL AWD LSA Blower
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

Advanced Tuner
    Yes you also need to adjust the General VSS Pulses per mile. The VSS Output Pulses per mile are only for your speedo on your dash.