Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Tuning book on the market

New Tuning book on the market

Master EFI Tuner - GM EFI
    I am in no way affiliated with author or business, just thought I would share a good find.

I received my copy the day before Christmas. I don't usually push products but I have to on this book.

It is the first one I have read that actually explains what the tables do, what you should put in them and what the changes will do for HP Tuners. It has a lot of definitions for tables that are lacking in the HP Tuners help files.

Very good job, good examples and worded for the average person so they can understand the information, not all theory. I write service repair manuals for a living so I know how hard it can be to tailor the information so anyone can understand it. Well done.
    Free HP Tuners Beginners Tuning Guide

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me

does it explain the injection boundaries and such in the book? I am trying to find something that will help me modify when the injectors open when at low rpm/idle (high overlap cam) And does it discuss modifying the spark tables too?

Seems like a fair price too
    02 Z06.

LS2 swap- TF220's- 1 3/4 LT's- 240/244 .608/.596 112LSA- Fast 92- 90mm DBW- No cats- Stock Ti exhaut- 60lb tall injectors- Monster STG 3 w/chromoly- Tick master cylinder-

Spark tables yes, injector boundaries no.

A lot on the the proportional idle tables, integral tables, derivative tables,throttle cracker, throttle follower etc. It even has a transmission section.

There are 3 vehicle examples, a stock Corvette with minor bolt on mods, a LS1 Camaro with heads, cam injectors, etc plus nitrous, and a turbo charged LS1 Camaro.

How they tuned them, issues you will see with tuning mods, examples of fixes.

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me

Might have to order that one. THanks for the link!!
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    FMIC / Dual 50mm Tial BOV's
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost

I have the book also and I agree that's it's a great written book.

I bet shipping was $14.00, no matter what postal code you plug in the cost is $14.00 to ship. I know what your thinking, but I just can't stand it when people scam on shipping. I wish they would just charge more for the book and actual shipping. Stupid, but its just the point.

Example, DOC fees when buying a car. Biggest scam out there, but if they took them away, they would just add it to the price of the car.

My point is this, don't tell people to plug in their zip code for an accurate shipping cost when it just BS. Just charge more for the book or say " Hey, shipping and handling is $14.00 no matter where the hell you live".

I'm done.....
    2016 Hellcat - 800 Miles - It's winter

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohioc5 View Post
    I bet shipping was $14.00, no matter what postal code you plug in the cost is $14.00 to ship. I know what your thinking, but I just can't stand it when people scam on shipping. I wish they would just charge more for the book and actual shipping. Stupid, but its just the point.

Example, DOC fees when buying a car. Biggest scam out there, but if they took them away, they would just add it to the price of the car.

My point is this, don't tell people to plug in their zip code for an accurate shipping cost when it just BS. Just charge more for the book or say " Hey, shipping and handling is $14.00 no matter where the hell you live".

I'm done.....
    Haha, I asked about the same thing and got a long winded answer about how it cost money for the shrink wrap and to pay some one to package it and everything...

I did buy the book anyway and it arrives in a beat-up $5 USPS flat-rate envelope with a cheap NON-sealed shrink-warp with insurance AND signature delivery confirmation that brought the total shipping charge to $9. Couldn't have taken 5 minutes to pack and ship. I'm mean come on... It's just a $40 book. Why does it need to have signature delivery confirmation on it??? So he's still making $5 on shipping on EVERY book.
    Last edited by kbracing96; 01-05-2010 at 03:06 PM.
    01 GMC ECSB 5.7 LS1 4X4
    Custom Kbracing96 Front Mount BW S480 Turbo
    12.2@110mph

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Man, cut the guy some slack, seriously your complaining about $5 on a tuning book that will get you months of information by seaching online? There's finally something that will walk you through step by step how to tune at a very affordable price and you're complaining about a couple of dollars of shipping that's really a shame. Dan if you're listening you should consider raising the price of your book to $59.95 with free shipping lol apparently everyone would be happy campers then
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

The funniest thing is that your are pissing away a lot more than that with gas @$2.79+ per gallon, driving around aimlessly, trying to figure out why your car runs bad. 5 gallons of gas covers the entire shipping cost. Like Bill said, just jack up the price of the book and call it good.

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

PS. I bought the book. Yes, I agree, raise the price. It wasn't about the 5 bucks.
    2016 Hellcat - 800 Miles - It's winter

I have the book and i haven't even read it all, i will have to start reading it lol....

Advanced Tuner
    I think this book was a great deal and I think I paid like either 79 or 89 dollars plus shipping almost a year ago! So I agree with others on here Dan, raise the price!

Thumbs down Usps

I hope it is a good book, I ordered it and USPS sucks here. They left a note it was at the post office so I went there to pick it up. They didnt have it, they said the carrier must have it still. Why did he leaveme a note to pick it up at the post office then? So I signed the note and left it in the mailbox. He took it but didnt leave the book. Saturday is the only day possible for me to go to the post office. UPS, Fed ex, DHL, Joe blows courier service anyone but the USPS would be better.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah I agree usps sucks but many people would prefer their items to ship to a po box which i know fed ex won't ship to, not sure about ups...shipping is really one of those things where you just can't please everyone, price wise, time wise or other.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I understand that completely, one solution I have seen some vendors use is an option at checkout. I ended up catching the mail man driving by and he actually let me follow him to the post office to pick up the package since it was there and the clerk couldnt find it. So I take back what I was saying about the mail man but the clerk is the guilty party.

Tuner in Training
    Does this book cover later model cars with virtual ve tables, i.e. 2010 Camaro?

Tuner in Training
    Oooh, good question! And the G8?
    '09 MGM G8 GT

I didn't read this whole thread but if anything, ask Dan the question there.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-di...order-now.html

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

Tuner
    After reading all the good reviews , I think I'm gonna order it....

I ended up picking up this book. I really enjoy it, best "tuning" book Ive read so far.