Thread: cobalt 2.4 tune when doing a full rewrite, traction control light comes on

Tuner in Training

Question cobalt 2.4 tune when doing a full rewrite, traction control light comes on

Does anyone know why the tc light would come on and make the trans shift extremely hard after it being fine then doing a full re write with an idle change the tc light come on and wont go off?

Tuner in Training
    no one?

Tuner in Training
    I don't know if anybody has answered this or not, but for future posters who run into this problem... For some reason certain trouble codes turn off the traction control and cause some serious problems. Anybody who has simply dumped a new intake on their new Ecotec has probably seen this problem when the weather gets cold. I talked to the GM dealer and was told this was a common problem and that they were instructed to steer people away from changing the intake because driving with the TC off can and will mangle your transmission something fierce. I'm not sure why the TC system is tired in with the air/fuel system, but it is. So if doing a new tune and you suddenly get the TC light and a hard shifting tranny, there is probably something messed up with your air/fuel metering.