Thread: Gears swap tune

Potential Tuner

Gears swap tune

New here first post but if this question can be answered this is the place..i have a 99 bird 3800 II that had 3.08 and open diff. I just installed a ws6 rear with 3.73 and torson locker. A friend tuned it for the speedo and thats fine but my shifts are not firm they drag to the next gear. Prior to tuning when i test drove the car the shifts were hard. What do you think needs to be done? also not sure if we did the math right for the v6 drive socket thing so maybe someone can tell me what they come up with for 27" tall tire and 3.73 we came up with 7.23 if that makes any sense.

Tuner in Training
    Your numbers are right if the height is correct, be sure you use the unit conversion under tools menu to calculate the height. Did your friend use the "Auto Scale Transmission Tables" when adjusting the tire/gear? If he did, then you have to a manual scale adjust.

Potential Tuner
    my car is a automatic if thats what you mean. My friend doesnt know to much about the shifting part can you give me some more specific info?

Tuner in Training
    Shift points can only be adjusted in automatic transmission. In the speedo area for adjusting the speedometer, at the right, there is a selection box for automatically adjust the shift points at the time you hit commit when a new gear/tire ratio is set.

Potential Tuner
    That is corect but the auto scale function did by no means get it where it needed to be my buddy had to go back in and adjust manually to get them right.