Thread: 02 sensors on header install

Tuner in Training

02 sensors on header install

This is my next challenge. 2001 corvette z06, just installed long tube headers(coated) and high flow cats. I knew there may be issues w/ o2 sensors not working properly, so I wanted to check them first thing. The left side (bank 1) seems to operate great, but the right side shows running lean and not switching. At first I thought bad sensor, musta got antiseeze on it installing or something. Replaced the sensor and same problem. Searched the threads and found someone else had same problem w/ exhaust leak. Well, I've checked for exhaust leaks and cannot find any. While I was checking for exhaust leaks I noticed that the left side header and cat was hot-too hot to touch while the right side was just warm-able to touch. I know the 02 needs heat to work. I also read something bout air injection on the right side. What would cause my right side not to heat up? I'm assuming that is why my 02 sensor on the right is not working. Here is a log that I recorded at startup. Thanks for any help.

Tuner in Training
    Man do I feel stupid (more like humiliated). Now I know what happens when the coil pack on the right side is unplugged. The car run so good at idle, I didn't even realize it was not firing on the right side. I hooked up the coil pack (that I had removed for the header install) and guess what, the o2 sensor on the right side went to working perfect!!. Now I got a spare o2 sensor. Again, something simple that I was trying to make complicated. Hope this post may help someone else aviod another simple mistake.