Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6L80E G8GT, can i lock 3rd gear ?

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    Just FYI, Madvette08 from thetuningschool, and now CircleD transmissions in another forum when i was inquiring, have confirmed the torque converter in the G8GT and Camaro are identical, they're both 300mm and is the same torque converter for both cars.
    The converter is the same in the 6.2L trucks also. Locking your converter in 4th wouldn't be a problem and I could see a MPG increase in it also. 5th and 6th are considered the cruising gears in the A6, but 4th is a nice cruising gear on the city street speeds.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the info midevil.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    I'm sorry for the question, but what is ISS ?
    can you log and display TCC line pressure ?

Here is a log i did yesterday, with the stock apply settings for 4th gear when in sport mode. i did change them about a month ago when i was trying to find out how to know when the verter was locked. from the past week up to today i've learned that it won't be locked if there is no TCC line pressure.
    so i loaded the apply settings i had before, and i can see the TCC locking in 4th gear at WOT. so the factory allows locking in 4th at WOT.

Today i'll find out if there is line pressure in 3rd at WOT using TUTD (since TUTD is commanding apply for 3rd and 4th in the G8's), and if there is, then they're allowing locking in 3rd at WOT, if lock is allowed in TUTD, why not lock the verter then in 3rd gear when in sport mode for WOT only ?

Also, it seems the verters are all the same between the vette, trucks, G8's and Camaros http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27933

Sorry for the late response. ISS is tranny input shaft speed. I can display TCC pressure but have not got the PID set right.