Thread: DTC Interface...

Advanced Tuner

DTC Interface...

I know I'm asking for a LOT, and this may already be incorporated, but are the DTC's defined in the software? THere is a web site out there that you can type the DTC# and it tells you common things to check to fix, so if you have a DTC, it will show description, and then you click on description, then it tells you common ways to fix this.
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Re: DTC Interface...

Edit->engine diagnostics-dtc
    There is a drop down list that lists all of them along with a description. As far as ways to fix it? Alot of time we get DTCs for modifications that we've done to the car (EX: P0300 with a big cammed car). The "how to fix this problem" would be so in depth that it would take forever to read and create. I understand what you are saying though. Like if you get a 02 sensor heat code there could be footnotes that say "do you have longtube headers-that could be the cause".
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

Advanced Tuner

even a bit more vague than that screamn: Like you get a code Engine coolant temp too hot: Poss problems: Bad sensor, Bad ECT Sensor, Check wiring for cuts/frays. Kinda like the Haynes manuals have in them. If I were to read most codes, I'm no mechanic. My father was but died 3 years ago, and I only know what he taught me as I was growing up, and I wouldn't know where to begin troubleshooting some of these codes, so would be going to an outrageously expensive mechanic anyways.
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Senior Tuner

AllDataDIY may be worth the subscription fee,
    I subscribed to check it out. Basically the Helm
    manuals online (I bought the full set and then
    some, of those, too) plus TSBs and other stuff
    oriented to the home / hobby mechanic. The
    Helm manuals do have pretty simple, step-by-
    step DTC troubleshooting sections (though in
    some cases they are a bit GM-tool-myopic, you
    can often just take the hint and find your own).

Advanced Tuner

Thank you jimmy. I figured that was only answer, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.
    2001 Camaro SS A4