Thread: Upping Shift RPM

Upping Shift RPM

I have a quick question about changing the max shift RPM. I noticed that there are 2 tables, 1 with shift vs speed and one with shift vs RPM. I assume that the 2 tables are used together and must be changed evenly using a percentage am i correct?
    2004 Grand Am SC/T- Eaton Magnuson M62 supercharger, 2.6" pulley, EGR delete, Greddy PCV oil catch system, 42.5lb/hr injectors, LS1 MAF, custom CAI, cooling mist meth injection system

Advanced Tuner
    I believe both conditions need to be met for it to shift - I have always crept both up together without issues
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Thats what I figured. Thanks
    2004 Grand Am SC/T- Eaton Magnuson M62 supercharger, 2.6" pulley, EGR delete, Greddy PCV oil catch system, 42.5lb/hr injectors, LS1 MAF, custom CAI, cooling mist meth injection system

Tuner
    Zero out the WOT shift speed column and let it shift on RPM only, will make tuning the shifts much easier. It also helps when running a different size slick at the track, no need to adjust to different tires.
    98 Buick GSX IS3 Heads/GenVblower/cammed/intercooled and stalled
    02 Collector Edition Trans Am WS6
    94 S-10 with Rancho 3" lift on 33's
    93 Typhoon
    07 Tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit gs View Post
    Zero out the WOT shift speed column and let it shift on RPM only, will make tuning the shifts much easier. It also helps when running a different size slick at the track, no need to adjust to different tires.
    this doesnt affect anything else and is ok to do???

Advanced Tuner
    I've logged a lot of wot shifts.
    On my car it consistantly makes the 1-2 wot shift off MPH and the wot 2-3 off RPM.
    I set this up 6 years ago and it's worked perfectly.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit gs View Post
    I tried that along time ago and idk for some reason the car didn't seem to want to downshift as much as it does when you also have the WOT MPH table filled?
    2000 Buick Regal GSE Ported Gen III SC with 3.0” Pulley, Northstar TB, ZZP Ported LIM, ZZP Stage III IC, Comp VS Cam, Comp 105 Springs, Viton Valve Seals, 42.5 Injectors, PRJ Gen II Fuel Rails and Racetronix Fuel Pump with HD Harness, TOG Headers with 3” Catted Downpipe, ZZP 3” Dual Stainless Cat-back, Dynotech Stage II Trans, 3.29 Final Drive, 2750 stall converter, GTP Engine Cradle Mounts, Front Motor Mounts Spun 90*, JMB 4” FWI, Autolite 104’s, 180* stat, GMPP Handing Kit, Moog Endlinks.

Try just zeroing the up shift part of the table not the down shift portion.

02 VW Golf

98 Bonneville SSE
    03 Grandprix GT
    EcoModder

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Try just zeroing the up shift part of the table not the down shift portion.
    I acutally thought of doing that this week lol.

I now currently have my bin setup that 1st and 2nd WOT upshifts are zeroed out and work off the WOT RPM chart instead.

For the 3rd to 4th gear I left in 255mph because I never want it to go into 4th gear at WOT.

For the downshift i left the MPH filled in. If you zero out the downshift MPH chart, your car is going to have a hard time trying to figure out what gear to downshift too at WOT.
    2000 Buick Regal GSE Ported Gen III SC with 3.0” Pulley, Northstar TB, ZZP Ported LIM, ZZP Stage III IC, Comp VS Cam, Comp 105 Springs, Viton Valve Seals, 42.5 Injectors, PRJ Gen II Fuel Rails and Racetronix Fuel Pump with HD Harness, TOG Headers with 3” Catted Downpipe, ZZP 3” Dual Stainless Cat-back, Dynotech Stage II Trans, 3.29 Final Drive, 2750 stall converter, GTP Engine Cradle Mounts, Front Motor Mounts Spun 90*, JMB 4” FWI, Autolite 104’s, 180* stat, GMPP Handing Kit, Moog Endlinks.