Thread: Another Windows 7 can't install

Tuner in Training

Another Windows 7 can't install

I insert the CD and it prepares for the install then as soon as I click I agree to the policy blah blah blah I get an error that says "the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation"...WTF...I AM the administrator...Installed it on my Old XP Laptop just fine but I can't install it on my new Windows 7 Laptop....Please Help me!!
    08 Cobalt SS - K&N drop in, Muffler Delete, ZZP 3" catless Downpipe, HPTuned

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Try downloading from your customer page rather than the CD also if you are running a 64 bit operating system you'lll need the signed drivers found in the help file rather than the ones on your disk.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I actually got the software installed...but now for some reason when I go to plug in the MPVI to USB it tries to install them automatically and fails of course. And now I can't figure out how to install the drivers for it manually like I could on XP.

And to solve the initial problem I had to change the automatic security for the users and ugh...needless to say...Windows 7 is great...but holy security...they put it EVERYWHERE!!!

But on to the second problem...any info Bill?

Tuner in Training
    I also need the most recent BETA I believe because the one that is working on my old XP laptop is saying the array is out of bounds or something to that effect...where can I acquire that?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetSandMan View Post
    I actually got the software installed...but now for some reason when I go to plug in the MPVI to USB it tries to install them automatically and fails of course. And now I can't figure out how to install the drivers for it manually like I could on XP.

And to solve the initial problem I had to change the automatic security for the users and ugh...needless to say...Windows 7 is great...but holy security...they put it EVERYWHERE!!!

But on to the second problem...any info Bill?
    As stated you need to install the signed drivers more than likely, win 7 is a weird one, from what I can tell it doesn't like to uninstall old drivers so dyou might need to use the update drivers utility in the device manager instead, at least thats what worked on the one customers pc I had the pleasure of fixing

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetSandMan View Post
    I also need the most recent BETA I believe because the one that is working on my old XP laptop is saying the array is out of bounds or something to that effect...where can I acquire that?
    Thru support.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry for the n00b question...but wheres the help file for the signed drivers?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Help file for signed drivers? What exactly are you looking for? They install just like unsigned drivers other than the operating system not telling you they are unsigned.

Tuner in Training
    I cannot find the signed Drivers anywhere...where can I get them?

UPDATE: Found them! Installed and working well! Now I just need support to send me the Beta *waits patiently*

Thanks for all your help Bill!

-Pete
    Last edited by SweetSandMan; 02-02-2010 at 05:29 AM.

where are the signed drivers, i found the zip file in the help section and selected the i386 and amd folders but my computer will not find a driver in either folder.
    1982 GMC S15 5.3 4L80e
    1954 Corvette ls swap in progress

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    checkmate you select the whole folder not a specific one like i386.

i would hope that if i buy HPT shortly that the new CD is Windows7 friendly?
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The CD isn't a necessity, the drivers can be found here http://www.hptuners.com/pub/hpt_mpvi_drivers.zip which support 64 bit operating systems. The problem with windows 7 is most of the operating systems being installed on pc's are 64 bit os's which need to use the 64 bit drivers, all of the customers having issues are installing the 32 bit only drivers first & then then having issues updating because windows 7 driver update system is simply retarded. Just install the drivers in the link above first & you won't need to go through the hassle of using windows update system and you'll have a happy time

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    The CD isn't a necessity, the drivers can be found here http://www.hptuners.com/pub/hpt_mpvi_drivers.zip which support 64 bit operating systems. The problem with windows 7 is most of the operating systems being installed on pc's are 64 bit os's which need to use the 64 bit drivers, all of the customers having issues are installing the 32 bit only drivers first & then then having issues updating because windows 7 driver update system is simply retarded. Just install the drivers in the link above first & you won't need to go through the hassle of using windows update system and you'll have a happy time
    sweet.....thanks Bill!
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo