Thread: increasing pressure

Tuner in Training

increasing pressure

wondering if it safe to increase line pressure in the computer for 4l60e while we figure out why the transmission flares when shifting from second to third? Decreasing the force motor current while driving helped dramatically with the flare from second to third but i was not sure if it is safe to do so. The 3-4 clutches been replaced and it has a new valvebody. trans is in 05 astro van
    Last edited by yevgenievich; 02-04-2010 at 09:20 PM.

Tuner in Training
    can somebody help me figure this thing out? attached is the log file from hp tuners. Pulled the pan yesterday to check the accumulator and check the clutch wear, everything looks fine.

Depending on who you talk to, some guys like to increase the pressure via the FMC table, others via the shift pressure table, and others a combo of both.

You say tomato, he says tomahto, I say bloody mary.

As long as you increase or decrease the entire table by a %, you should be fine. I notice a huge difference with as little as a 5%.
    Hawk

Advanced Tuner
    Before you burn the trans up again, adjust the 3-4 clearance, the servo travel, and the 3rd apply and band release holes in the seperator plate.

Tuning is just a bandaid, jacking the pressure up only makes it so you can't feel the flare, but it's still there. It still slips during a shift, just not enough for you to feel it.

BUT, you don't get all dirty playing with a laptop so I know how you're going to "fix" it.

Potential Tuner
    step up the whole range in 2% increments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
    Before you burn the trans up again, adjust the 3-4 clearance, the servo travel, and the 3rd apply and band release holes in the seperator plate.

Tuning is just a bandaid, jacking the pressure up only makes it so you can't feel the flare, but it's still there. It still slips during a shift, just not enough for you to feel it.

BUT, you don't get all dirty playing with a laptop so I know how you're going to "fix" it.
    He's Right. Make it shift properly with a stock tune first.

Cheers