Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: high hp A6 pressures?

high hp A6 pressures?

is there any info out there to help me decide where to set all of those pressure tables?

is the "max line pressure vs rpm vs gear" table where the pressure is set while in gear?

any sugestions for that table?

how about "max pressure", "max pressure b", "max clutch pressure"?

Quote Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
    is there any info out there to help me decide where to set all of those pressure tables?

is the "max line pressure vs rpm vs gear" table where the pressure is set while in gear?

any sugestions for that table?

how about "max pressure", "max pressure b", "max clutch pressure"?
    Read thru all the A6 threads on here. All those questions have been aswered at least once on here.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by midevil1 View Post
    Read thru all the A6 threads on here. All those questions have been aswered at least once on here.
    thanks for taking the time to not answer my question.

i did search and have hours in reading and still do not know what numbers to put in there.

how high is too high? talking 600rwhp/tq.

Advanced Tuner
    have to put a guage on the trans main line pressure tap,, from what i have read you dont want over 200psi,,

the max psi tables are not really that,, they are numbers that are put into some kind of formula, so dont be thinking just because you raised them to say 300,, that your line pressure will be 300,, you really need to get a gauge on the trans
    2010 camaro L99, Magnacharger TVS 2300, 415ci LS3,Kooks long tubes, yank ss3200, 3.73 rear

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
    have to put a guage on the trans main line pressure tap,, from what i have read you dont want over 200psi,,

the max psi tables are not really that,, they are numbers that are put into some kind of formula, so dont be thinking just because you raised them to say 300,, that your line pressure will be 300,, you really need to get a gauge on the trans
    i just ordered a 0-500 transducer and am going to wire that into the car in place of the gas tank map sensor.

i should have some data to share in a week or so as long as it isn't too hard to plumb into the tranny.

i got the transducer plumbed into the tranny and wired into the car. now i can log the actual line pressure. it is too late for a test drive but i did fire it up and get the pid programed. at idle i see 50psi and it isn't too hard to get it above 200psi with a mild brake stand.

i am going to turn the power down. turn the presures back to stock. go for a spin and look for sliping and log the line pressure. then add some line pressure with hptuners and see if the actual pressure changes.

i am 80% sure my tranny needs a little help but it might just be the computer letting the pressures drop. at over 600ft/lbs the converter lock up sliped and so did the tranny. since they both sliped at the same time it makes me think pressure rather than just finding the limit of the clutches.
    2017 camaro ss a8 with low mount twins

Advanced Tuner
    What tables did you change to modify pressures ? are you talking about the TCC apply ramp or max presure vs rpm vs gear ? you mentioned you're going to put back some stock settings, have you tried to see the behavior with the stock trans setup ?

i have tried the tcc apply ramp from stock all the way to max in several incraments with very little effect. it seems to effect only the rate at wich it locks up(applys pressure). not the pressure that it uses to keep it locked or the max pressure.

i have bumps most of the other pressures that i could find. max pressure, max pressure B, max clutch, max line pressure tables. also the base shift pressure tables. the shift times have been reduced as well.

it was shifting pretty nice in the 500rwhp range with the stock converter. now i am at over 600rwhp and a loose converter. i am pretty much lost but i am learning.

the stock settings dont work well for a stock car.
    Last edited by parish8; 02-20-2010 at 11:59 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    i have tried the tcc apply ramp from stock all the way to max in several incraments with very little effect. it seems to effect only the rate at wich it locks up(applys pressure). not the pressure that it uses to keep it locked or the max pressure.

i have bumps most of the other pressures that i could find. max pressure, max pressure B, max clutch, max line pressure tables. also the base shift pressure tables. the shift times have been reduced as well.

it was shifting pretty nice in the 500rwhp range with the stock converter. now i am at over 600rwhp and a loose converter. i am pretty much lost but i am learning.

the stock settings dont work well for a stock car.
    Can you post a screen shot of your TCC ramp settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    Can you post a screen shot of your TCC ramp settings?
    right now i have the entire table set at 100

Advanced Tuner
    right now i have the entire table set at 100
    Thanks...Can you tell if it is engaging quicker?

yes it does hit a little quicker but it still locks and unlocks while rolling down the highway.

Advanced Tuner
    yes it does hit a little quicker but it still locks and unlocks while rolling down the highway.
    What converter are you running?

its in my sig. circleD tripple disk. the lock/unlock issue is an after market converter issue combined with missing tuning tables.

Advanced Tuner
    its in my sig. circleD triple disk. the lock/unlock issue is an after market converter issue combined with missing tuning tables.
    Yep saw that sorry...I saw a you tube video of Circle D and their updated/upgraded converter. Do you have their latest version, and have they given any advice?

Yep saw that sorry...I saw a you tube video of Circle D and their updated/upgraded converter. Do you have their latest version, and have they given any advice?
    i have talked to them, they were hoping the latest tables would fix the problem. it isn't the converters fault since i can lock it up with the scan tool just fine, its in the programing.

there doesnt seem to be an easy fix for this right now. getting a single disk converter than can handle the pwm and not locking at wot would appear to be the way to go.

that being said i am going to get inside that tranny and get control of the noid from an external source.

Advanced Tuner
    i have talked to them, they were hoping the latest tables would fix the problem. it isn't the converters fault since i can lock it up with the scan tool just fine, its in the programing.

there doesn't seem to be an easy fix for this right now. getting a single disk converter than can handle the PWM and not locking at wot would appear to be the way to go.

that being said i am going to get inside that tranny and get control of the noid from an external source.
    So you believe unlocking at WOT is the way to go? I know my car runs quicker locked at WOT with the stock verter. Protorque is apparently making a large verter that is capable of being locked at WOT. I wonder how it handles PWM. It seems like the increased stall is giving the TCM problems. It's like the computer is pre-programmed to see a fixed amount of drop in RPM after lockup, and when it doesn't it gets confused and unlocks. Is that your experience? Too bad they can't write a table that allows for you to set the stall of your specific TCC.

Advanced Tuner
    Have you tried messing with the "stall torque management" table?

So you believe unlocking at WOT is the way to go? I know my car runs quicker locked at WOT with the stock verter. Protorque is apparently making a large verter that is capable of being locked at WOT. I wonder how it handles PWM. It seems like the increased stall is giving the TCM problems. It's like the computer is pre-programmed to see a fixed amount of drop in RPM after lockup, and when it doesn't it gets confused and unlocks. Is that your experience? Too bad they can't write a table that allows for you to set the stall of your specific TCC.
    thats not correct.

the circle D converter i have is rated to be locked up at some crazy hp. like 1000hp capable. i know the car would be quicker locking the converter and that is why i got the lock up that can take the abuse. the increased stall speed is not the issue, it is the clutch design. aftermarket or at least the multi disk after market are not designed to "slip" like the factory clutch. after market wants to be either on or off.

the factory computer is letting the pressure off till it sees some slip. it wants to see slip. that is why the converter locks and unlocks while rolling down the highway. there is a preset amount of slip that it targets.

Have you tried messing with the "stall torque management" table?
    i have those set at 8000+rpm so they shoudn't be doing anything.