Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: high hp A6 pressures?

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    Thanks...Is the car shifting nice and hard for you now?
    no, part throttle shifts are firm and quick, not hard, not falling on its face. wot shifts feel like a manual car with a slow shifting driver BUT it does get thru the shifts. my settings are not going to work well for you but it they will give you an idea of how to modify the tables to get what you want.

dont get me wrong. looking at that chart of my 11.41 run the shifts are not pretty. when i was back in the high 400's for hp i had it shifting really nice at the track. right now i am happy for it to shift at all. part throttle right now in my car is Grrr8 and at wot it makes it thru the shifts.

my last tune >> http://www.neufamily.org/images/tmstuff/cam45%20tm.hpt

2017 camaro ss a8 with low mount twins

Advanced Tuner
    try setting the max clutch pressure and others to something like 400 psi (ie. double what you want).

PCS1 is the main line pressure that feeds the individual clutch solenoids, it is controlled by the base shift pressure tables. Again these values might be calibrated to double what they show in the scanner. The clutch solenoids are downstream from the main pressure reg so even if the command a higher number they don't actually get the pressure unless the base line pressure is increased.
    In many cases these maximums are calibrated after the pressure regular gain (approx 2.0) so pressures in the cal are double what you see in the scanner

This was posted by Chris at HPT...What do you make of it?

Advanced Tuner
    Pretty good timing pull during the shifts.

try setting the max clutch pressure and others to something like 400 psi (ie. double what you want).

PCS1 is the main line pressure that feeds the individual clutch solenoids, it is controlled by the base shift pressure tables. Again these values might be calibrated to double what they show in the scanner. The clutch solenoids are downstream from the main pressure reg so even if the command a higher number they don't actually get the pressure unless the base line pressure is increased.
    In many cases these maximums are calibrated after the pressure regular gain (approx 2.0) so pressures in the cal are double what you see in the scanner

This was posted by Chris at HPT...What do you make of it?
    i put some high numbers in all of those slots with no noticable effect. looking back at my last tune it appears that i didn't put all of my pressure tables back to stock. the base upshift pressures are still higher than stock. i never tried back to back runs changing those settings.

Pretty good timing pull during the shifts.
    yes, i have since removed some of the tm at wot. instead of going -20deg it now goes -10deg. i am not going to reduce the tm at wot any more till i am at the track i an can take it thru more than one shift. like i said before, without the tm it just lets go mid shift. scarry.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
    i put some high numbers in all of those slots with no noticable effect. looking back at my last tune it appears that i didn't put all of my pressure tables back to stock. the base upshift pressures are still higher than stock. i never tried back to back runs changing those settings.
    I'm sure you would have felt it in the buttometer if it had any changes.

Advanced Tuner
    Interesting how low of RPM you are shifting at. Have you tried disabling discrete shift torque? Also, have you played with the cold modifier table?

Advanced Tuner
    2.92 gears...Am I reading that correctly?

Advanced Tuner
    Can you do a screen shot of the Auto TCC page. I'm not seeing PWM duty cycle.

my actual shifts are 6500+, you have to comand then early or they wont happen. 2.92 gears is correct. you have to have the latest beta to have the "tcc apply ramp" if that is what you are talking about but i have no pwm duty cycle pages.

i see no reason to play with the cold modifier since i can get exactly what i want with the adder/modifier page. i did disable that, didn't notice any effect so i turned it back on. no idea what it does.

Advanced Tuner
    my actual shifts are 6500+, you have to command then early or they wont happen. 2.92 gears is correct. you have to have the latest beta to have the "TCC apply ramp" if that is what you are talking about but i have no PWM duty cycle pages.

i see no reason to play with the cold modifier since i can get exactly what i want with the adder/modifier page. i did disable that, didn't notice any effect so i turned it back on. no idea what it does.
    For some reason I thought I read we had a PWM duty cycle table but I guess not. I must have read it in the help section and they are referring to a different tranny. We really need more control over the TCC. I read all kinds of post where people are changing tables and getting zero changes. On the adder/modifier table the range in the notes say -32 to + 32, but I remember you saying it's adjustable from 0 to -1?

Advanced Tuner
    Check out my PWM table. I made mine look like yours and even the stock converter hated it. It kept unlocking and locking. Now it acts stock except for WOT. The table is very misleading and does not really describe how it works IMO.

i think i understand how it works. the more tcc slip there is the faster/firmer it locks up. little slip and it locks very slowly.

with an after market converter you want it to lock quickly and stay locked.

even if i dont understand the table i have tried a wide range of numbers with no luck at keeping my converter locked up.

Advanced Tuner
    i think i understand how it works. the more tcc slip there is the faster/firmer it locks up. little slip and it locks very slowly.

with an after market converter you want it to lock quickly and stay locked.

even if i dont understand the table i have tried a wide range of numbers with no luck at keeping my converter locked up.
    I did some more playing with the TCC ramp. Any adjustments other than the max torque cell gave poor results with the factory converter. Any luck on changing the PWM solenoid to a single state?

I did some more playing with the TCC ramp. Any adjustments other than the max torque cell gave poor results with the factory converter. Any luck on changing the PWM solenoid to a single state?
    nope. not yet. the local track opens in a week and i want to hit that up a couple of times before i take my car apart again. too nice to have it down right now.

Advanced Tuner
    Dont know if it makes any difference as never bothered to look closely at the on the road effect but G8 A6 stock tunes generally have the most torque scales maxing out pretty low and well below what your engine torque is.

For example G8 6L 350ftlbs, G8 LS3 398 ftlbs. (STF mod adder is always 250ftlb)

Thought of adjusting the torque scale upwards? 6L90 in CTS-V in the torque adder table is at 575 ftlb max.

Just a thought. May give finer control at the higher torque levels.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    Don't know if it makes any difference as never bothered to look closely at the on the road effect but G8 A6 stock tunes generally have the most torque scales maxing out pretty low and well below what your engine torque is.

For example G8 6L 350ftlbs, G8 LS3 398 ftlbs. (STF mod adder is always 250ftlb)

Thought of adjusting the torque scale upwards? 6L90 in CTS-V in the torque adder table is at 575 ftlb max.

Just a thought. May give finer control at the higher torque levels.
    I had this opinion too, but if they are like the rest of the tables anything above the max value will use the highest table. Is this correct?
    Last edited by Waker; 03-27-2010 at 06:14 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I had this opinion too, but if they are like the rest of the tables anything above the max value will the highest table. Is this correct?
    Fair assumption but NFI.

Advanced Tuner
    Interesting, I have been dealing with the not shifting into 4th issue, and falling on its face issue on a G8 I am tuning. Any updates Parish? Thanks for sharing all this info. The tune you posted on page 3 (I think it was 3) looks very nice, trans wise. I copied some of the tables onto my tune to give a shot. We are dealing with around 480 ft lbs of torque, and the trans is very unhappy. Circle D verter, in the trans is wreaking havoc on it.