Thread: Fan turn on

Tuner in Training

Fan turn on

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much about how this stuff works. I'm learning as I go (hey, we've all got to start somewhere)

While sitting in the staging lanes last night at the track, I had a thought. I had the scanner running and thought to myself that it would be slick if I could turn the fans on from the scanner. That would keep me from hacking into the wiring and adding a switch in the car.

Yes, I know I could modify my "track tune" to turn the fans on at a lower coolant temp. But, the hotkey would be something useful.

I don't know if the fans are something that can be simply turned on/off.

Re: Fan turn on

sure can (as long as they are PCM controlled). Scanner will have this functionality real soon and part of our VCM Controls capability.

I count sheep in hex...

Will the fans be able to be turned on with the engine off and the key in the on position or does it need a tach signal? I ask this because right now if the engine is heat soaked and you turn the key to the on position the fans won't come on until you start the car.
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

i dont know... i'll have to check that one. we will be adding key off fan timer as well i think in this release... that i have to check too That is really what you are after yeah?

Chris...

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    we will be adding key off fan timer as well i think in this release...

That rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    i dont know... i'll have to check that one. we will be adding key off fan timer as well i think in this release... that i have to check too That is really what you are after yeah?

Chris...

That would work better than what I was thinking that way I don't kill the battery.
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

Advanced Tuner

when using a Tech 2 scan tool, engine output controls allows fans to be commanded on and off with engine running or not running,.
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!