Thread: Torque management and functions

Tuner

Torque management and functions

I've been seeing some strange issues when it comes to the throttle opening, open loop, and torque management on these DBW NGC vehicles. It's my guess that the other companies that currently offer tuning software for NGC vehicles are not providing all the necessary calibration areas to properly calibrate DBW control on NGC controllers. The biggest issue is that if you start lowering the available throttle angle/vs enrichment threshold, it dramatically affects the way the throttle opens. Basically the throttle will go from part throttle and then just go WOT, which makes the drivability very poor, especially on positive displacement supercharged vehicles. I've seen some people just leave the threshold high, and let the engine run closed loop at part throttle boost, which makes the car drive better, but IMO is a very bad idea. I'm mentioning this since you are currently developing your definitions, this would be an area to look at very closely.

Second, regarding functions, is it possible to display the header in VCM Editor in a way so that people will know how much of the data is being used ? Either that, or I suppose you could edit each definition for one particular calibration, that just seems like a lot more work on your end.

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com

Senior Tuner
    What would be nice is if they have a MAP qualifier for PE, similar to the GM cals. That would be helpful to try and get it to trigger off of MAP instead of throttle angle. North Coast Turbo Sys. has an electronic solution to the the part throttle boost fueling issues that seems to be working well. It is a small module that uses offsets on the O2 sensors.
    Jaime