Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stock plugs on LNF+high boost+meth. picslol

Advanced Tuner
    this went off topic quick

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dont_blink View Post
    The trigger wheel can be removed. And while, correct, it's not a 7x, it is a readable trigger with the correct sensor.
    1 -- there is nothing under there except counter balance. Pics available:

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.ph...47867&t=447867

2 -- you said in the other thread what was under there would play with the Jbody ecotec ECU - wrong in so many ways. Even if it was another reluctor ring under the bolted on one - if it's not 7x, its not playing with the Jbody ecu.

I ask you again, why would you start such a rumor?
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Senior Tuner
    Then someone needs to educate himself before trying to educate others. For the same given set up, yes, methanol will cool the intake charge, the burn, and thus the EGTs. BUT, one of the great benefits of meth is knock supression, allowing more timing. What happens when you add more timing? A longer burn. The longer the burn, the hotter the cylinder charge temps get. Therefor, an increase in EGT happens.
    are you fucking high?

Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    are you fucking high?
    I keep fixing your tunes, yet you keep tuning people. When are you going to get a fucking clue?
    RSG Offroad
    Jeeps. Jeeps. And more Jeeps. Oh and Jeeps too.

Advanced Tuner
    Don't_blink, i'm not trying to be the judge jury and executioner, but why did you make the false statement about the crank trigger on the LE5/LSJ?
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Senior Tuner
    I keep fixing your tunes, yet you keep tuning people. When are you going to get a fucking clue?
    you keep beating that same old dead horse. i have asked you to prove it over and over again.

yet you can't do it.

odd.

you also saying that increasing timing increases egts made me laugh, and yet you still try to insult me. you don't have a clue how it all works apparently.

there are two places i do my tuning junior. canada. port perry ontario to be exact.

the next place is kansas city. i have not done shit outside of these two area's in a year. so keep throwing that falsified information around.

you want to play the game of who knows more about how timing has a direct effect on egt's. go for it. you will lose.
    Last edited by Area47; 03-16-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Ive only heard good things about Areas tuning, a few people from STL have made the voyage to him to get tuned and had ruined some locals afterwards.

Then someone needs to educate himself before trying to educate others. For the same given set up, yes, methanol will cool the intake charge, the burn, and thus the EGTs. BUT, one of the great benefits of meth is knock supression, allowing more timing. What happens when you add more timing? A longer burn. The longer the burn, the hotter the cylinder charge temps get. Therefor, an increase in EGT happens.
    You have that completely backwards. Increase in spark advance will cause EGTs to drop.

Ironic first sentence you posted there.

Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    Ouch!

P&P Tuning

Senior Tuner
    You have that completely backwards. Increase in spark advance will cause EGTs to drop.

Tuner in Training
    lulz hahaha

this is funny shit.

EGT's rise while moving the spark event further from the exhaust valve opening?

nope......

lolz.......
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas

I'd really like to see you explain your way out of that one. The sooner the mixture ignities (spark being advanced), the longer and fuller it burns. This usually results in more power. Do you really think that doesn't cause higher combustion temps? If you don't, then I suggest you do some actual EGT monitoring and take an entry level thermo course and learn some things about energy. And Area, next time you put 80lb injectors in a car, you should actually adjust the dead time so the car doesn't have to idle at 1100rpm. I bet you can pinpoint the car(s) you did that on.
    RSG Offroad

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
    Ive only heard good things about Areas tuning, a few people from STL have made the voyage to him to get tuned and had ruined some locals afterwards.
    Well between him and WickedSS, I'm not sure who is worse.
    RSG Offroad

Senior Tuner
    I'd really like to see you explain your way out of that one. The sooner the mixture ignities (spark being advanced), the longer and fuller it burns. This usually results in more power. Do you really think that doesn't cause higher combustion temps? If you don't, then I suggest you do some actual EGT monitoring and take an entry level thermo course and learn some things about energy. And Area, next time you put 80lb injectors in a car, you should actually adjust the dead time so the car doesn't have to idle at 1100rpm. I bet you can pinpoint the car(s) you did that on.
    i have never put 80lb injectors in a car. nor do i have a map for one with 80lb injectors. please. keep trying.

Potential Tuner
    Hint: You are confusing combustion chamber temps with exhaust gas temps.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...8&postcount=26

Potential Tuner
    BOOM. Headshot.

Quote Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS View Post
    Hint: You are confusing combustion chamber temps with exhaust gas temps.
    Correct. What our inexperienced gentleman above is confusing is the difference between combustion chamber temperature and exhaust gas temperature. In the two graphs I'm reposting that were originally in the threads I quoted is the effect on timing advance in both cylinder pressure and temperature as well as the time the gas leaves the combustion chamber, passes over open exhaust valves and is then measured as EGT.

Engine one shows reduced ignition timing advance, reduced cylinder pressure, reduced cylinder temperature and higher exhaust gas temperature compared to engine two.

Attachment 22616
    Attachment 22617