Thread: TCC Control Problem

TCC Control Problem

Hey,

2004 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L with a 4l80. Log and tune is posted. Truck under heavier then normal acceleration with shift into 3rd gear around 43 mph, lock the torque converter and at 56mph then shift into 4th and unlock the converter for a split second and then lock the converter again.

If you look between 11:18 and 11:28 seconds of the log you can see where I accellerate quickly and it does this. Been chasing this around for a while, truck is basiclly stock, tuning is mainly just the trans, but the shift points and TCC speeds are basiclly stock. Can someone help me out? I cant find anything wrong. THanks, Dave
    Last edited by Blue-Z; 03-12-2010 at 05:34 PM.

Someone? Please!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue-Z View Post
    Someone? Please!!
    Have a read of this, looking at the tune, it seems like the same thing, just need to tweak your strategy on the Lock-up in gears other than 4th. I am not sure if the 4L80E is able to maintain lock-up through changes, if that is what you are trying to do, but the 60E generally wont and personally I wouldn't bother trying. Have a read and see if that solves your issues.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27802

Yea, Ill mess around with it. I think the truck should be able to keep the torque converter locked during shifts, it does in tow haul.

The weird part is I havent changed the shift points much or the converter lockup points much, I wonder if its a software glitch?