Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lb7 tune

Potential Tuner
    I would be very interested in trying those tunes as well 03 duramax. I just emailed you to see if you would send them to me. Will the tune for a 2003 be ok in my 2001?

Potential Tuner
    Also i am getting a "Cable Init" warning when i try to connect my cable from my laptop to my truck. In the box that pops up it says "the interface was found but no vehichle pwer was detected. Verify cable is connected and key is in the run position. Also make sure the diagnostics port has power and its fuse is good." I know i should research this further and i will, but, at this point i am wondering if HPT is compatible with the 2001 ECM?

Tuner
    Check your Lighter fuse
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A

Tuner in Training
    Fuses x 2
    2002 Chevy 2500HD LB7 Duramax
    Silverline 4" exhaust and HPT tune

Potential Tuner
    is there anyone that can let me try the tunes that were given? the tune I have is a rough tune my cousin and I tried out, I was wondering if I could use it those to compare and maybe modify the one I have.

03LB7_Drew

What kind of tunes are you looking for? I might be able to give you some guidance for some mild tunes and "fun" tunes

Email me at [email protected] if interested!
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 03_duramax_lb7 View Post
    i have a few mild tuns i could hook you up with i just cant get them to load on here give me your email ill send them to you k
    i just got the hp vcm could you send me a mild tune to play with (bigbopper) [email protected] : george

Quote Originally Posted by 03_duramax_lb7 View Post
    i have a few mild tuns i could hook you up with i just cant get them to load on here give me your email ill send them to you k
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/member.php?u=15362
    would you be willing to hook me up with some of your tunes?

Potential Tuner

lb7 new at this

I need help in getting better mileage what the best way ?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kickshd View Post
    I need help in getting better mileage what the best way ?
    thanks
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38779

read timing calculator timing tutorial, and lower cruising boost pressure to about 3-4 psi. engine? mods?
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Potential Tuner
    No mods it is stock main reason for this tuner was for fuel mpg

Yeah, the timing calculator provides a boost in economy. You could also look at a kodiak file, as it has many MPG saving tools in the tune
    Andrew

Potential Tuner
    Thanks I give this a try

Any luck?
    Andrew

Potential Tuner
    not yet have problems with drivers and my pc i have win 7I,ll get there

does any one have some LB7 tunes I could take a look at? I'm looking for fuel mileage and of couse some tunes for more power/

If you need help, first read the sticky note Bill left at the top of the Diesel Tuning section. It has a ton of info that will help you along.

If you want a dedicated tune, I can build one for you if you would like for a little fee. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested!
    Andrew

Potential Tuner
    I know this thread is old but could you send me these tune to look at too please?

Pretty old thread @8 years. Might try the repository first. Tutorials also work well and give you the key ideas of what you are needing to do depending on the result you wish to achieve. That is how I am learning. Trying stuff see how truck responds etc.
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned

You have an LB7? Do you know how to compare files?
    I have one I download a few years back that should be very safe... If nothing else you can see what was changed and manipulate from there.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer