Thread: Datalog of BSR tune .8 LTFT everywhere

Tuner in Training

Datalog of BSR tune .8 LTFT everywhere

I finally decided to get hp tuners when I bought my second LNF. I've had the BSR tune on my 08 SkyRL for 24000 miles. short and dumb story: I noticed one of my oil cooler lines was seeping oil, so I took it to the saturn dealer and they ended up replacing turbo (23200 miles) I guess they were just looking for work or something because there was nothing wrong with it, but I just kept quite and let them have at it... I still have to take it back to get the oil cooler line fixed.

so, new turbo... logging with HPT I noticed the LTFT are always +0.8 ALL of the time. Is this a bug or something? I was using the config posted in teh sticky by "Iam Broke" LNF_SS.cfg.

Please take a look at my log to see if Im not doing something wrong. The log has some long periods of flat driving and a half dozen WOT pulls (one or two up hill at the end). There are other strange situations in the log like 4500rpm@25kPa. I was trying to hit as many cells as possible.
    2008 Saturn Sky Redline
    Best 1/4: [email protected]

2009 Cobalt SS/TC Sedan
    Best 1/4: 13.27@105

Both HP tuned and all else stock.

Advanced Tuner
    sounds like a good ltft to me, depending on weather it will vary the fuel trims, but on my stock with tune hhr, im within the ltft specs, just stft jump around a lot. mostly hit 1 to -1 on my ltft, went to 1 when it was warmer, this was before any maf tuning.

I've seen the ltft's (0r stft's sometimes) freeze if I have a pending/immature p2237 in the DTC. If no codes, you are golden.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    I've seen the ltft's (0r stft's sometimes) freeze if I have a pending/immature p2237 in the DTC. If no codes, you are golden.
    Log looks normal the STFTs are moving around like normal. OP you just need a little MAF correction table work because your STFTs are very positive in a lot of cells.

Tuner in Training
    no codes. I think it is weird that the STFTs are very positive and the LTFTs aren't compensating. first I was wondering if something was wrong with my logging. then wondering if BSR locked the LTFTs? or the tune is THAT good and the drop in K&N is causing the STFT offset

I noticed lambda on top end were in the .8x-.7x range from COT correction. PE table is stock. I was thinking if I lean the COT table before modifying the MAF correction table it might reduce the STFTs... I know one way to find out.

Advanced Tuner
    my hhr is BONE stock other than my tune and my pe is .88, my stft goes pretty positive up top and my ltft range from -1 to +1. I don't think the ltft can compensate for the stft like that.

So whats the BSR tune look like, pretty mild?

The COT will drive your commanded PE to .7x when it kicks in unless it's disabled, it won't skew the STFT's because it's commanding a different value.

Tune the freq cells at WOT to eliminate the STFT shift up top. (9191 & the one above it in my case) LTFT's take time to adjust. Build a histo of LTFT + STFT vs. MAF freq to nail down the offending cells. If it goes positive, multiply those cells by 1.0x to take out x % in the freq cells.

WOT is the easiest place to nail the STFT's down, it's the rest that's a b!tch.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 03-09-2010 at 08:36 PM.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Tuner in Training
    I'm used to the BLM compensating when INT gets too far from 128. I guess I'm way behind in the times?!

I changed the COT and the MAF trim table accordingly. While I was in there I pushed the DAL to 250. WOW! I can't believe I stuck with the BSR this long. 34.6maf & 29.1ve airflow on the very top end (probably the same old story around here these days). Generated audible knock in the mid-rpm/high-load areas while the top end knock was gone (though the STFT on top was still +3). Plenty of tuning left to do.

The load is well over 200% from 3000->5800rpm. Is this the point where I need to start messing with my load axes on the Spark and MAF correction tables?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpster View Post
    So whats the BSR tune look like, pretty mild?
    For the very observant:

lol, not coming off with it easy

But not a whole lot different in those tables

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffH View Post
    lol, not coming off with it easy

But not a whole lot different in those tables
    notice the comparison log on bottom left. All I'm not showing is rpm limits (check their website) and negligable COT modification. If there is anything else it isn't recognized by HPTuners.

Yah thats pretty interesting, but seems typical of the industry.

I had a BSR tune on my old Volvo S70 T5, and it was actually a huge performance boost. cost me like $1200 dollars, but I literally had no other options. I assume they only even released something for Hahn since some of the Opels use the LNF.

Tuner in Training
    Is LTFT > |1| ever?

Oh yah, on my stock car it was sitting at 8 for whatever reason before tuning it.

Tuner in Training
    My best 1/4 in the Sky completely stock except the BSR tune was [email protected] with 1.97sec 60' (18 months ago). I tuned/logged my bone stock 4dr cobalt a few iterations and went to the track last night and ran [email protected] with 2.142sec 60' on my very first run. next run I missed 2nd and ran 13.9sec. My 60' was still 2.148 so I was on par for a similar run. My friend bent his lower control arm relocation bracket so I quit for the night to help him out. In my logs I'm only seeing air loads from 230 tapering down to 200 during a pull. I seem to read about much higher air loads on the forums, does this mean there is still plenty of room to go? Also, I have to run 9* of timing on top end to eliminate knock retard... I also read about ppl using timing in the mid-teens... I don;t see this happening without higher octane fuel. How are you doining it?
    2008 Saturn Sky Redline
    Best 1/4: [email protected]

2009 Cobalt SS/TC Sedan
    Best 1/4: 13.27@105

Both HP tuned and all else stock.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ttypecamaro View Post
    My best 1/4 in the Sky completely stock except the BSR tune was [email protected] with 1.97sec 60' (18 months ago). I tuned/logged my bone stock 4dr cobalt a few iterations and went to the track last night and ran [email protected] with 2.142sec 60' on my very first run. next run I missed 2nd and ran 13.9sec. My 60' was still 2.148 so I was on par for a similar run. My friend bent his lower control arm relocation bracket so I quit for the night to help him out. In my logs I'm only seeing air loads from 230 tapering down to 200 during a pull. I seem to read about much higher air loads on the forums, does this mean there is still plenty of room to go? Also, I have to run 9* of timing on top end to eliminate knock retard... I also read about ppl using timing in the mid-teens... I don;t see this happening without higher octane fuel. How are you doining it?
    I am running from 240 to 170s on my 60-100 runs on my hhr, which is about 6400rm at 100. the ltft and stfts need to be adjusted and that will rid the stock tune of knock then you can gget your timing all adjusted to how your car will accept it. my hhr is stock running .88 lamdba at 100% and tops out around 17* timing now.

I have less to no knock on that comparedd to around 3* on it when it had the stock tune.