Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: duramax tuners

duramax tuners

hey guys im lookin for fellow duramax tuners for advice, help, and just to meet the other guys tinkerin with these things so hit me up i know there is not much of us out there using hptuners
    03 DIRTYMAX HP TUNERS TUNED BY YOURS TRUELY 470RWHP & 855RWTQ CAI S368 TURBO W/4"DOWNPIPE 5" STRAIGHT TURBO BACK EXHAUST AIRDOGG 100 LIFT PUMP J&J AUTOMOTIVE&DIESEL PERFORMANCE STAGE 6 ALLISON CRANKED UP TORTION BARS W/305/55/20'S WRAPPED AROUND 20' BMF NOVAKAINE'S 7" IN DASH DVD&NAV 10" RockFord Fosgate P1 SUB AND KICKER DS 650 DOOR SPEAKERS new dyno numbers on the way!

Tuner in Training
    yea your right everyone runs efi. so is there more then 2 of us?

More than that...there is probably about 12 of us around here that does diesel stuff and post about it.....I've tuned two LBZs thus far.

ya ive done 2 lb7's both run very good and got a buddy with an lbz lookin to get hp tuners
    03 DIRTYMAX HP TUNERS TUNED BY YOURS TRUELY 470RWHP & 855RWTQ CAI S368 TURBO W/4"DOWNPIPE 5" STRAIGHT TURBO BACK EXHAUST AIRDOGG 100 LIFT PUMP J&J AUTOMOTIVE&DIESEL PERFORMANCE STAGE 6 ALLISON CRANKED UP TORTION BARS W/305/55/20'S WRAPPED AROUND 20' BMF NOVAKAINE'S 7" IN DASH DVD&NAV 10" RockFord Fosgate P1 SUB AND KICKER DS 650 DOOR SPEAKERS new dyno numbers on the way!

Tuner in Training
    Hi guys, I guess I'm the new guy here. I bought the HP tuner almost 3 years ago but haven't really used it for much more than turning off a few emissions codes and speedo calibrations on a gas truck. I'm here to learn and help if I can so I hope you guys will not mind a few stupid questions now and again. I just got the 2005 LLY 2 weeks ago so even the diesel thing is new to me.
    Roy

2007 GMC 3500HD, Sinlge Rear, ECLB, LBZ, Allison, 4x4
    - PCV reroute, EGR blocked, 4" turbo back dual out exhaust, pyro and boost gauges, led upgraded cluster and steering wheel controls
    2005 Chev 2500HD CCSB, Duramax, Allison, 4x4,
    - LBZ mouthpiece, PCV reroute, EGR blocked, pyro and boost gauges

well roy with the right guidence and a little bit of your time you will be able to have a whol lot of fun with that truck

Potential Tuner
    i also have hp tuner with a 02 duramax jus got it today tho i usually tunes everything with efi live. Although they do tha same thing this hp tuning is very different to me so kinda lookin to learn more about it but other than that ive done just about everything else you can do with duramaxes if yall have any other qeustions i own a diesel performance shop in laffayette louisiana

Senior Tuner
    Hi Guys. I play with diesels, its addicting how much power a stock one can make. Have done lbz's, couple lly, and have one lb7 on the go. tweaking allison and getting them to pull rpms seems to be my biggest hurdles. Have access to all wheel drive dyno, and have had time to play. Made some big power with lbz. Have very respectable tune in lly. Think i am pushing tranny luck, but with no failure/data to compare, i keep going. Anyone else struggle with config files? seems you get it working with one, does not work with next?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 03_duramax_lb7 View Post
    well roy with the right guidence and a little bit of your time you will be able to have a whol lot of fun with that truck
    Where do I start? I've been doing a lot of reading the last couple of weeks but still unsure about everything. I think I'd like to get a tune from someone so that I could compare to the stock tune. I'm thinking that if I could see where changes are being made, it would help me understand what needs to be tweaked for better tunes.

Looking forward to this.
    Roy

2007 GMC 3500HD, Sinlge Rear, ECLB, LBZ, Allison, 4x4
    - PCV reroute, EGR blocked, 4" turbo back dual out exhaust, pyro and boost gauges, led upgraded cluster and steering wheel controls
    2005 Chev 2500HD CCSB, Duramax, Allison, 4x4,
    - LBZ mouthpiece, PCV reroute, EGR blocked, pyro and boost gauges

Potential Tuner

new to HP

New guy here, Just received tuner in the mail Friday and have not tuned with software before. From what I have read pulse width and timing are good places to start ? Anyone willing to point us newbies in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by roy67ss View Post
    Where do I start? I've been doing a lot of reading the last couple of weeks but still unsure about everything. I think I'd like to get a tune from someone so that I could compare to the stock tune. I'm thinking that if I could see where changes are being made, it would help me understand what needs to be tweaked for better tunes.

Looking forward to this.
    if you talk to bill or chris they can point you to a few tutorials on tuning and where to start and as far as the compairing tunes go i would be glad to email you one of my lb7 tunes just to give you an idea just send me a pm with your email i can never get my tunes to load on here as an attachment

Quote Originally Posted by msc65 View Post
    New guy here, Just received tuner in the mail Friday and have not tuned with software before. From what I have read pulse width and timing are good places to start ? Anyone willing to point us newbies in the right direction?
    what duramax or duramaxes are you tuning im no expert but could give a few pointers

Quote Originally Posted by LPP_lb7 View Post
    i also have hp tuner with a 02 duramax jus got it today tho i usually tunes everything with efi live. Although they do tha same thing this hp tuning is very different to me so kinda lookin to learn more about it but other than that ive done just about everything else you can do with duramaxes if yall have any other qeustions i own a diesel performance shop in laffayette louisiana
    i was with a efi live guy last night who was just astonished at how much easier hp was to use then efi i think this may finally start catching on with the duramax guys rather then efi jimo i love hp tuners i think its easy enuff to use my grandma could tune with it

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys. I just read my first LBZ tune yesterday. I have been playing with HPtuners for a few years now and have the Tuning School software. The diesel stuff is totally greek to me though. I'll be looking for a few tutorials as well just to see where to start. The truck is a bone stock 3500 4wd.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 03_duramax_lb7 View Post
    what duramax or duramaxes are you tuning im no expert but could give a few pointers
    06 LBZ, I would really apreciate it.
    '06 2500 HD Duramax, 5"exhaust, egr blocked, pcv reroute,

Tuner in Training
    I have tuned my GTO and various other vehicles over the past few years....I have been wanting to tune my LLY Duramax, just havent gotten the nerve yet..LOL
    2010 Camaro SS - 427 Stroker - Kenne Bell - 735 rwhp / 665 rwtq
    2005 Pontiac GTO - HP Tuners, flowmaster mufflers ...12.77@108 344 rwhp /344 rwtq
    2004 Silverado 2500HD Diesel - 527 rwhp / 840 rwtq...so far

Potential Tuner

Me too

Yea, I bought my HP Tuner 2-3 years ago and just used it today on my dads
    07 3500 HD. I would love to see some info on where to start with fuel milage
    and HP.

Thank You,
    Bo Hunter

hey guys im really sorry its taken me over a mont to get back to you on this life has been flat out crazy tho here is a link to some efi live tutorials but will work for HP because its just going to tell you where to start what to modify and what not to do so let me know if this helps if not ill get some other stuff asap k thanks
    http://duramaxtuner-tutorials.com/

I am going throught that tutorial thing you posted would you mind taking a peek when I am done?
    2002 Pontaic Sunfire 4 Door 2.2 Ecotec
    15.9 best 1/4 @ 87mph (I/H/E)

2005 Silverado 2500HD 2WD LLY, Amsoil in the motor, 4" MBRP DP back, 4-6" tip, EGR Blocker plate, small HP Tune, boost and pyro gauge. PPE shim kit.

14.8 best 1/4 @ 91 MPH
    @ aprox 68*

sure can just post it up when your done and ill let you know what i think
    Last edited by 03_duramax_lb7; 05-24-2010 at 12:24 AM.