Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: duramax tuners

also if you have any trouble goin from a efi tutorial to putting it to use in hpt just let me know and ill do my best to descifer and exsplane it to you guys thnks
    03 DIRTYMAX HP TUNERS TUNED BY YOURS TRUELY 470RWHP & 855RWTQ CAI S368 TURBO W/4"DOWNPIPE 5" STRAIGHT TURBO BACK EXHAUST AIRDOGG 100 LIFT PUMP J&J AUTOMOTIVE&DIESEL PERFORMANCE STAGE 6 ALLISON CRANKED UP TORTION BARS W/305/55/20'S WRAPPED AROUND 20' BMF NOVAKAINE'S 7" IN DASH DVD&NAV 10" RockFord Fosgate P1 SUB AND KICKER DS 650 DOOR SPEAKERS new dyno numbers on the way!

can you get your hands on the timing calc for EFI Live... I have the converter for HPT but the new calc has some bs ( GOOD BS) but I dont have a converter for it..
    2002 Pontaic Sunfire 4 Door 2.2 Ecotec
    15.9 best 1/4 @ 87mph (I/H/E)

2005 Silverado 2500HD 2WD LLY, Amsoil in the motor, 4" MBRP DP back, 4-6" tip, EGR Blocker plate, small HP Tune, boost and pyro gauge. PPE shim kit.

14.8 best 1/4 @ 91 MPH
    @ aprox 68*

i tryed to post it up for everyone but its to big so if you give me an email ill send it to you that way ok
    Last edited by 03_duramax_lb7; 05-24-2010 at 12:30 AM.
    03 DIRTYMAX HP TUNERS TUNED BY YOURS TRUELY 470RWHP & 855RWTQ CAI S368 TURBO W/4"DOWNPIPE 5" STRAIGHT TURBO BACK EXHAUST AIRDOGG 100 LIFT PUMP J&J AUTOMOTIVE&DIESEL PERFORMANCE STAGE 6 ALLISON CRANKED UP TORTION BARS W/305/55/20'S WRAPPED AROUND 20' BMF NOVAKAINE'S 7" IN DASH DVD&NAV 10" RockFord Fosgate P1 SUB AND KICKER DS 650 DOOR SPEAKERS new dyno numbers on the way!

I gave it my best shot and I looked over everything 30 times....

2005 Silverado 2500HD 2WD LLY, Amsoil in the motor, 4" MBRP DP back, 4-6" tip, EGR Blocker plate, small HP Tune, boost and pyro gauge. PPE shim kit.

14.8 best 1/4 @ 91 MPH
    @ aprox 68*

holy timing man 20 is the limit i wouldnt go lower then 20 you bas high table looks ok but low and med are all over the place also i would tone down your Pulse width some on the high side just a little and smooth that table out a bit
    Last edited by 03_duramax_lb7; 05-28-2010 at 01:41 AM.

I didnt touch the bas med and low... and the timing came from the calculator...

Updated: I fixed the bas med and low tables I alinged the boost control baro and the base injector timing baro, I toned down the pulse width a bit, and re-calcd the timing and limited it to 20* It shouls look better now..

14.8 best 1/4 @ 91 MPH
    @ aprox 68*

that looks much better you did a good job its a bit tricky when you first start tuning these things but looks like youve got it

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 03_duramax_lb7 View Post
    hey guys im really sorry its taken me over a mont to get back to you on this life has been flat out crazy tho here is a link to some efi live tutorials but will work for HP because its just going to tell you where to start what to modify and what not to do so let me know if this helps if not ill get some other stuff asap k thanks
    http://duramaxtuner-tutorials.com/

I found that link to be absolute tits! Thanks!

sure anytime i can be of use to someone lol

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by slow98 View Post
    yea your right everyone runs efi. so is there more then 2 of us?
    I would love to use hpt if it would offer capability for 5 tunes upload to ecm that can be switched on the go with a dash mounted 5 position rotary switch. That is what I currenty run.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYKOSTEVO View Post
    I found that link to be absolute tits! Thanks!
    Me too, some good info in there. I'm going to be tuning a friend's LLY in the next few weeks.
    2004 PBM M6 GTO
    Torquer v.2, Lingenfelter 243s, FAST 90, PTM 92, SVO greentops, SS OTRCAI, SLP LTs, Powerbond UDP

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by backchannel View Post
    I would love to use hpt if it would offer capability for 5 tunes upload to ecm that can be switched on the go with a dash mounted 5 position rotary switch. That is what I currenty run.
    You just need the Edge Insight Pro and you can use it like the DSP5 switch from EFI Live.

Potential Tuner
    New guy here! I'm new to hp tuners and tuning in general. I'm not new to the mechanical side of things but I want to start tuning on my own. I have a 2015 lml duramax and I'm looking for some pointers.

Potential Tuner
    got a few questions for if you dont mind im new to the tune game but a buddy of mine wants me to tune his 05 lly that he had tuned with efi live but since hes done more upgrades like s400 turbo 100 over injectors upgraded pushrods and valve springs built trans and all the basic upgrades lift pump intake exhaust ect he has the truck back together and he told me he tried to start it i told him thats not a great idea anyways it runs for 5sec then shuts off im looking for a start up tune thats safe so i can play with it and go from there do you know someone that could point me in the right direction

Potential Tuner
    Is this thread dead? I am having a really difficult time finding any kind of information on tuning an 06 lbz that i just bought. It seems as tho all the posts and related date are from a decade ago and most people are using efi live. Well i want to stick with hp tuners but i may have to break down and go efi live if i cant get some type of actual data and guidance. Never tuned a diesel and only used hp to turn off codes and what not on gassers so my knowledge is rudimentary at best.

I mean, this thread was technically dead back in 2010. There is a sticky with a start point for tuning a diesel, and even the dmax specifically though an engine is an engine despite its grill badge. Its a very thorough directive and will get you started. Its what i used as a starting point then, you can data log and tweak if you want to. HP worked well on my LMM. Watch your EGTs with something. Even with the competitor you'll note, you'll still need to learn to tune as its simply another platform to use. I have found it tough to get anyone to help with the other, since there are many places out there that this is their lively hood. You can go buy a tune from them without purchasing a whole suite. That can be done with HP as well but, i have found many people on this forum very technically abled and willing to help.
    I too enjoy HP and have made it work. For GM gassers its awesome, and that is the platforms they target (FI gas motors)
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned

Potential Tuner
    I cannot find the calculators mentioned in that sticky. maybe I am just not seeing it??

Here is the latest timing calculator. Its on another thread on this forum as well. I think i may have labeled it 2020 so i knew was latest version. See attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned

Tuner in Training
    Bumped for people, like myself, who are trying to find any info on older Dmax tuning. Thank you for posting this calculator. Been searching for it to no avail.