Thread: 2004 Ba Xr6 T

Tuner in Training

2004 Ba Xr6 T

Hi all,
    im having some trouble with the tune in a 2004 BA XR6T A4, it has an APS stg 3 kit 60lb deka's 12psi actuator, (which will not drop below 24psi!) and a 4 inch zorst.
    The problem is that it will not stay in closed loop fuel controll, it will go into open loop and then closed loop whenever it likes to, i cant really pin point exactly what conditions it does it in, though it does seem like it happens when cruising.
    The other issue im having is the injector flow rate value, between hi and low there is a pretty big difference, does anyone have the correct values for the injector flow rate?
    FWIW the car was previously tuned with sct.

Thanks in advanced.

Advanced Tuner
    Their are no correct values for the deka's. You can get the LTFT to 1 but you need to drop the values in the battery offset table. Have a look at the Ford Racing Parts calibration summary for the deka 60's. You run 4bar base fuel which may actually be a little higher depending on you fuel pump/s. It's very tricky getting the offset values correct and it requires patience but it can be done and I have them great with a much lower low slope. The high slope will always remain around 68.4 and your low slope should be down towards 90. If you have problems with lean pops at idle start reducing the neutral drive and idle spark. These should be set to 10 - 12, particuarly in the manuals. There is alsoa spark scalar that determines how aggressive spark is used to trim idle, I modify this also.

Tuner
    Post ur tune as I want to look through your desired boost and wastegate DC to look for ur boost problem 24 pounds is silly for stock turbo
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

Tuner
    Make sure the boost solenoid which is mounted under battery tray isnt getting stuck open they have a habit of gumming up with crap. you can try pulling off and cleaning with carby cleaner. i have also had a few faulty diaphrams in actuators also which will cause boost your issues