Thread: Little help with towing changes

Potential Tuner

Little help with towing changes

Pulled our toy hauler quite a bit and knew I could probably benefit from some Trans tuning but wasn't sure where to start.
    Pulled it last weekend with our new Rhino in it along with the dirtbikes and now it could probably really use it, it's a little over 10k lbs at this point.

Truck is an '01 Silverado with the 6.0 and 4L80E and is stock with the exception of a K&N Intake, the tires are 265/75 16.

The downshifts going up a large grade are brutal, like to be able to keep into the throttle a bit more before it kicks down and the RPM shoot way up.

I've looked at other tunes that have are out on the forums but am not quite confident to take a whack at mine.

Any input would be appreciated.
    I also have quite a bit of logging while towing pulling in most of the Trans parameters if anyone thinks they would be useful.

Thanks in advance for any input anyone might have.

Steve
    Last edited by stevej; 03-15-2010 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Attachment didn't come through

Potential Tuner
    I've downloaded some tunes that had trans changes to compare against my stock but since none of them were from the same model I'm a little reluctant to make some changes.

The changes would be in the performance side of things since I have a towing/hauling button.

Anyone care to take a swag or point me to a guide that might have transmission towing specific changes tips.

Steve