Thread: Turbo 3800 PCM Scan

Tuner in Training

Turbo 3800 PCM Scan

Hi i got a scan posted here of my 98 gp se during limp mode.Motor is Ls6 3800 formerly N/A and am running Lucas/Delphi 42.5 lb/hr injectors. The second scan is after i reset the comp via unplugging for 4 hours. On the second scan, i got 50 psi to the rail at startup and never dropped below 45 during the entire run. Im running a Cartuning Turbo Kit with supporting Pcm. Throttle body and related sensors have 70k miles. I have a new prim o2 sensor, new map, new maf and it is clean, new fuel pressure regulator and replaced fuel filter. I get a p0171 lean code and real hard starting and random stalls. I have replaced every emmision component on the engine. I have sent my scans to my turbo manu. and he is of no help. Says everything looks fine and that my reported airflow is low. Also i was told that my o2 crosscounts are low. If someone could please analyze my scan that would be great! Iv been battling this car for over a year and didnt run into problems until i turbo'd it. I cannot find any vacuum or exhaust leaks whatsoever. Im thinking its a tune problem. Thanks in advance..
    Dustin Strand
    Last edited by dstrand; 04-06-2010 at 09:19 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    MAF sensor issue is the most common reason that i've seen for this code.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    The maf im running now is off a salvaged se with 80k miles whether or not it worx is in the scan log. I cleaned it before each log.
    Last edited by dstrand; 03-17-2010 at 09:27 PM.

Tuner in Training
    please guys if you could analyze my tune that would be great, as this is why is spent 600 dollars on a tuner. Im mainly worried about injector flow and why my o2 crosscounts are low. Thanks in advance.

You are knocking really bad at almost no throttle.... you really need a wideband and to scan maf hz Send/upload your tune.

Tuner in Training
    ya the car is running in limp mode. I cannot afford a wideband really broke since turbo kit and now tuner. Ill try to get another tune file up with maf htz. Thankz for your reply.