Thread: neutral rev limiter

neutral rev limiter

is there a way to set the neutral rev limiter while moving? because if im reading it right, below 127mph the neutral limiter will be used, regardless if its actually in neutral cause if i set that lower, thats all it revs too, even in gear. any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Tuner in Training
    I use this as a launch or 2-step limiter. Set Neutral Cutoff to desired launch rpm. Set Neutral Exit Speed to .5 mph. Clutch switch has to be permanently engaged (not clutch start switch), or you will experience what you have already ("neutral limiter will be used, regardless if its actually in neutral cause if i set that lower, thats all it revs too, even in gear."). When staging, after you are staged, hold throttle to the floor (Neutral Cutoff RPM will be used), launch (as soon as you are moving, RPM Limit Cutoff will be used). Hope this helps...

i was wondering if i could do that and it work like a 2-step lol. mine is getting set to 4700 to take advantage of the 27x10.5s

what is the best way to permanently engage the clutch switch?

Tuner in Training
    Either tape the plunger in the closed position or unplug wire harness and short 2 wires together.

you do this in case you dont have the clutch quite all the way down i take it.

Tuner in Training
    If you notice the last part of 02GTP's first post. If clutch switch is not closed your RPM limit will be what's set in Neutral Cutoff RPM in all gears and at any speed, Neutral Exit Speed is ignored. It doesn't sound very logical but it does in fact work this way.

i see. thanks. i just like to know logic behind what im doing. i have actually been tuning my car at a friends house who has hpt. mine jst arrived from ups 10 minutes ago and im stoked

is there a way to increase the rate at which it "bounces" off the limiter? for instance, if i set it at 2000, it hits the limiter, comes down to 1500, then goes back up. is there a way to make it closer together? like only drop 100 rpm?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    is there a way to increase the rate at which it "bounces" off the limiter? for instance, if i set it at 2000, it hits the limiter, comes down to 1500, then goes back up. is there a way to make it closer together? like only drop 100 rpm?
    Try adjustting the RPM limit Hysteresis to a lower value. stock value is 650 RPM, so if you adjusted the limiter to 2000, it will bounce from 2000 to 1450 then rev again to 2000 and so on...

Try small adjustments in 100 RPM increments to see if it works. Also watch for other parameters which may affect it

Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    Try adjustting the RPM limit Hysteresis to a lower value. stock value is 650 RPM, so if you adjusted the limiter to 2000, it will bounce from 2000 to 1450 then rev again to 2000 and so on...

Try small adjustments in 100 RPM increments to see if it works. Also watch for other parameters which may affect it
    i see. but i just undid all of this. it was messing with my car for some reason. if i was cruising at 40 and downshifted to 2nd, it would cut fuel off until the throttle was touched, then when ya floor it, it would stumble and take off. i set the nuetral rev limit back to 7000 and no problem lol.