Thread: "Valet" tune

Tuner in Training

"Valet" tune

OK so my brother is getting his license and he is going to want to drive my car to school occasionally so he can look cool. I'm totally fine with that as I trust he can drive...I just don't trust him to not show it off a little if you know what I mean. Plus I am fortunate enough to get to work from home nearly every day now so I don't really drive it that often anymore..at least not during the day. So what wold you guys recommend to set up a "valet" mode? I was thinking just turn up the torque management. Or if there was a way I could put it into "limp" mode that would work to...cuz I once had to drive home from the race track in limp mode and damn there is absolutely no way to even speed. Does anyone by chance know what the tune on these things does when it goes into limp mode??
    08 Cobalt SS - K&N drop in, Muffler Delete, ZZP 3" catless Downpipe, HPTuned

Advanced Tuner
    You can either set the rev limiter to like 3500 or just change the desired airload table so it doesn't go over say 75 in the 50-100% tables.

Advanced Tuner
    set a speed limiter at 60 and a rev limiter at like 3k.

Tuner in Training
    Good info! Thanks guys I appreciate it!
    08 Cobalt SS - K&N drop in, Muffler Delete, ZZP 3" catless Downpipe, HPTuned

Advanced Tuner
    I did this when i had to have my gxp serviced. I considered a rediculously low rev limiter, but then i thought about the safety of the car if someone does decide to go try to play. I didn't want someone getting on a highway and knockin on a 3k rev limiter. Although 5-5.5k might be fine.

Run a ~55mph governor and increase the tq management in 1st and 2nd gear. That will prevent burnouts and will make the car feel too slow to be worth beating on lol. You could also dial down the max airload torque if you want a more global reduction of power. Just make small changes and test them yourself before handing over the car to make sure it's not dangerous to drive.
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq