Thread: API to Monitor Controls

Advanced Tuner

API to Monitor Controls

I'm interested in creating a full digital LCD dash, and I want to write the software myself. I also plan on using your software when it comes out for the GM 4cyls and LD9. What I am lacking is a programatic interface to basic data like current speed, fuel tank level, RPM, and other great stuff that your software seems to easily display.

Is there, or will there be, an API that I can use?
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner in Training

Re: API to Monitor Controls

Simple solution to this would be to enable ActiveX controls to be used and/or build a ActiveX FlashMX sandbox.
    By exposing the parameters to the control then anyone can write a FlashMX .swf file to do ANYTHING with the data. Using Active Scripting and the controls that are already available any kind of chart, display, LED, gauge, wheely popping car animation can be used to display the information you want.

Best of all you can trigger a text object to flash "Danger to manifold" in the event your 2nd stage of N20 is too much for your car...
    OK that's a joke.

Seriously though this is how other real time software packages are addressing user requested display functions.
    I used to work for a company that did this for flight test out here in BFE cali.

This is a flash LED display I used to read 02 signals by running the signal to the MIC input on the laptop.
    [flash=200,200]http://www.scdyne.com/aem/wb02gauge.swf[/flash]
    MIC in was an easy I/O source I used for the test.
    -Adam Chant SCdyne Performance "Tune it or lose it!"

Advanced Tuner
    ... back from the dead for another opinion ...
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner in Training
    Interested in this as well.

Tuner in Training
    Any chance of an interface ever happening?

I use the scanner as my gauge display and would like to do some other things with the data...

Tuner in Training
    Ttt

Tuner in Training
    chirp chirp...

Potential Tuner
    Still waiting 13 years later 😁