Thread: Power Enrichement Tuning for Turbo

Potential Tuner

Power Enrichement Tuning for Turbo

I'd like to get my AFR around 11.5 while I'm under boost, about 12.5 when WOT b4 boost and 13.5-14 at idle and light cruise. I know the PE table can help me out there. Which one ( PE AFR vs. TPS% or PE Fuel Adder vs. RPM vs. Time) would I have to use to add some fuel up top to richen up my mixture? Also, how would I go about changing them?

Advanced Tuner

Re: Power Enrichement Tuning for Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by njp98
    I'd like to get my AFR around 11.5 while I'm under boost, about 12.5 when WOT b4 boost and 13.5-14 at idle and light cruise. I know the PE table can help me out there. Which one ( PE AFR vs. TPS% or PE Fuel Adder vs. RPM vs. Time) would I have to use to add some fuel up top to richen up my mixture? Also, how would I go about changing them?

you want to edit RPM vs Time

its hard to pull this off while using an FMU, and i would probably try to do the adjsutments there for now..

I wouldent mess with this till you have bigggggg injectors..

becuase FMU's are not that consistant.. and it will be hard to sync the computer PE and the FMU to keep the AF constant..

but if you just want to add a little fuel across the board slowly scale the whole table down and see how it goes..
    -Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune

Re: Power Enrichement Tuning for Turbo

I have had a lot of success with just 42.5 lb injectors and no FMU, playing with the injector flowrates. The WOT PE enrichment tables were not working for my at all, because I'm getting boost with about 30% throttle. You can probably just tell the computer to start the PE at 30% throttle instead of the stock 75%, but like I said playing with the flow rates worked best for me.

I forgot to mention that the reason the PE table didn't work was that it doesn't take into account the Manifold pressure. So you could have 3000rpm and 0 boost, or 2500rpm and 6psi. Where as the flow rate varries with manifold pressure, so you can tune it to go up with boost.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/phoenix64
    99 3.8L camaro, corn fuel, turbocharged.
    98 formula LS6, lid, SLP DD, 65lb inj.