Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: LNF- Torque Management Inj Disable kills DFCO- WTF?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    I returned the table to the stock settings and Im liking it better lately. I haven't had a 2237 code since
    I told you the P2237 was from the A/F sticking too rich on decel. :P I did not know that that table was the reason though. I put mine back to stock yesterday. Car is much more responsive between shifts now and I think I can tune my STFTs properly now that I have DEFCO again LOL. The car was going so rich between shifts that the STFT was spiking -13 in a few cells. I corrected those cells and it still did it. Who would have thought a table labeled torque management injector disable would control the DEFCO.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
    I told you the P2237 was from the A/F sticking too rich on decel. :P I did not know that that table was the reason though. I put mine back to stock yesterday. Car is much more responsive between shifts now and I think I can tune my STFTs properly now that I have DEFCO again LOL. The car was going so rich between shifts that the STFT was spiking -13 in a few cells. I corrected those cells and it still did it. Who would have thought a table labeled torque management injector disable would control the DEFCO.
    Actually you told me you thought the VCM was getting worn out or a trace was or something from flashing so much.. But doesnt matter, no issue anymore thanks to GMTech
    Last edited by BackyardTurbo_FTW; 04-13-2010 at 11:19 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    That's awesome guys! I knew when I was first messing around with this table it was going to be a big deal if we figured it out. The difference with dfco working vs. not is so huge like I said, even my son noticed it and he wasn't even driving.

I still have mine at all 15's on the right, everything else zeroed. I haven't been driving it lately though since the weather's been crappy. If anyone gets the misfire, falls on it's face at high rpm shifts, try zeroing everything but the 15's in the right column.

Thanks again for the testing and feedback, I'm glad we got a handle on this one. BYT you can add this to your LNF tuning page if you want, just put a pic of the table modified and a summary of what we figured out (or at least think) the table is doing. Your page was the first thing I used when I first started tuning this LNF, definitely a lot of useful info. All of us that thought that zeroing it out obviously made our cars run worse so knowledge is power. Literally! (Or at least better drivability.)

Advanced Tuner
    Actually you told me you thought the VCM was getting worn out or a trace was or something from flashing so much.. But doesnt matter, no issue anymore thanks to GMTech
    The after examining the times when it always happened I noticed it was always after a long period of the car running rich. Either when letting off or as the throttle is stabbed sometimes. More than 3 seconds and it will trigger the P2237 code.

My car would hold right at stoich during what was supposed to be a DFCO

I noticed no difference in driving other then the fact I didnt have to reset my VCM once this morning. So I can't say it makes it run better or worse, but fixing that issue is a big plus in my eyes!!!

Dammit, I liked my obnoxious popcorn machine.

My car would hold right at stoich during what was supposed to be a DFCO

Must have been different between '08 & '09 then, my DFCO always locked the STFT's to zero and went way lean. No rpd either. Made in April '08 IIRC.

I still got the P2237 in long DFCO's with the table all zero's though. All better now. Runs the same.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 04-13-2010 at 02:08 PM.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

I still get the grumbling on decel. I think my stock exhaust has just been blown out really well LOL

Senior Tuner
    only time i get a grumble so to speak, on a lnf is with a modded stock file. the gms1 doesn't do it. it zero's out the stft on decel. ltft still hangs where it wants to though.

I'm completely gutted with no cat and a dump, with the table stock it only pops below 2k when the fuel kicks back in. owelllol

Advanced Tuner
    I still get the grumbling on decel. I think my stock exhaust has just been blown out really well LOL
    You will still get a little but it is night and day difference with my car because my exhaust is really loud LOL. It used to let out some really loud pops when I would let off. Now it is a smooth consistant tone that is worlds quieter.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    only time i get a grumble so to speak, on a lnf is with a modded stock file. the gms1 doesn't do it. it zero's out the stft on decel. ltft still hangs where it wants to though.
    Mine did the same with the tuned over stock file or the tuned over GM stage 1 file. I noticed when I first did the write entire the car went a lot leaner when I would let off but I did not know it was because of the stock torque management injector disable table. I did not put two and two together there.

Advanced Tuner
    Did all 15s in right side to my HHR today and my DFCO is back, the RPD was going to 18 when off throttle at times, then stoich other times, decel is considerably better.

Good job catching this gmtech, I'm sure you made everyone happy, I never had any 1-2 shift misfires, but that was about 10k mi ago that I made the switch from stock to 0's. My new plugs should be here any day, btw Geoff, you have the k&n filter on your car right? Whats the part number for that, my filter needs to be changed pretty badly.

Yes, I have the K&N Filter on the car. I will also change over the torque management table.

The part # is E-1989 http://www.summitracing.com/parts/KNN-E-1989/

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

I paid more attention on the drive home and the Lambda commanded does go to 1.99 on DFCO now, like BYT said, it was 1.0 before. I put the rest of the table back to stock tonight.

Thanks all for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    I paid more attention on the drive home and the Lambda commanded does go to 1.99 on DFCO now, like BYT said, it was 1.0 before. I put the rest of the table back to stock tonight.

Thanks all for the feedback.

What is better then?

Full stock table or all columns with 0 except the lastest with 15's?

I'll post back after I drive it today.

I mistyped yesterday. The Commanded lambda goes to 1.04 in DFCO, not 1.99, .95-.97 for several seconds coming out of DFCO even at very light loads then returns to 1.00 commanded. I see 1.99 actual lambda during DFCO. At any rate, it runs fine with the table all stock. I'll try a WOT run tonight, traffic permitting.

I got a nice gunshot when I ran out 1st hard and shifting quickly to 2nd then back on the gas hard. Going to try all stock with the last column 15's and see if that changes for me. Otherwise I will just leave it all 0's for my track tune.

^^^^ Had that a lot with it all zero's myself.