Thread: 07 Turbo F-150 Ecu Help

Potential Tuner

07 Turbo F-150 Ecu Help

07 Ford f-150 Fully Built 5.4 3 valve motor, STS Turbo kit in my shop. I just Installed a fully Built 4R70W Transmission w/ Manual Valve body and Trans-Brake from Performance Automatic. The customer had a SCT hand held and a sorry tune in it from another shop. I had removed the program and put it back to stock. What I need to do is delete the electronics for the Transmission and do a complete tune on the Truck and turn the boost up.
    PROBLEM: I went to download the stock tune from the ECU and I am Having issues getting the Hp Software to actually work with the truck. I cannot get any of the real time data to read when the truck is running nor upload any adjustments to the factory ECU from my labtop that actually does anything, but a no start condition. I have no error codes and it says it is connected, but nothing is working properly.
    I am thinking that the SCT/ last tuner has done something with the ECU and the truck really is not back to the original factory tune. I am very new to HP software any help would be great.
    I have sent a email off with all of my Information However, I have not received any help back.
    Thanks Tom

Potential Tuner
    I guess no one has any kind of clue? I would like to get this thing back to my customer sometime...who do I need to call to get some support?????
    Last edited by Twisted Fusion; 04-05-2010 at 08:15 AM.

Tuner
    It's possible that the data was corrupted when trying to modify the SCT file in HPT, and then re-upload it. I'm not saying that IS the problem, I'm saying it's possible. Where did you get the stock file to upload into the ECM as a starting point? If you grabbed and uploaded a wrong stock file, that would cause a no-start condition.
    2016 Camaro SS

Potential Tuner
    The file was what I thought was loaded in the SCT Hand Held. I uploaded what you think was the STOCK FACTORY stored tune from the original plug-in however, I am not sure what the other guy had done. I think he could of changed the stock tune and loaded it into the SCT and over wrote the Factory tune. I am not sure but, looking on the file I down loaded from the truck after I took the SCT out there are signs of it not being stock. The PATS system is still disabled and a few other things I have noticed that do not look right.
    I am just trying to get steered in the right direction...I didn't want to jump the gun and get it reflashed from a dealer until I had someone from HP look at everything to see if it is something in the software or the way it is set up.

Either way the tune that was in it was way off and I am trying to start from scratch and do it once and right.

HP Tuners doesn't have all the parameters supported at this time for proper supercharger/turbo tuning on Fords.
    Having fun!

it does almost..... ive done a turbo stang and all worked out well... we just need to edit the axis for everything to work smoothly... not enough resolution in the MAF, and i guess learning a different route to tune Fords instead of the other softwares...

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Potential Tuner
    Ok, What can this software support on this application. I know it says it DOES support it, so you telling me that what is going on with the communication with this truck, it is the software? That doesn't make sense, If you can get into a computer on a stock F-150 and modify the transmission, change the timing curves, modify fuel and read real time data through the VCM Scanner on a stock truck for example, w/ exausht and minor bolt ons, then I should be able to at least communicate with the ECM on this truck. I may not be able to get into and fine tune it with what your saying however, I should atleast be able to get into the computer and talk to it properly, Right?
    Does that make sense? I'm Not sure but, that makes sense to me?
    And if the case at hand may be it will not support a 07 f-150 then I need to go another route however, HP Says They support this application.
    What is the facts...I need a solution do I need to go back with SCT or can HP work?

Potential Tuner
    ok, I just tried somthing else, I re installed the other tune from the SCT x3 back to the other tune, not the factory. Then I tried to download it into HP VCM when it completed the download it had a CHECK SUM warning. However, we still have the same problem with data not opening up and realtime data? Any Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin' View Post
    it does almost..... ive done a turbo stang and all worked out well... we just need to edit the axis for everything to work smoothly... not enough resolution in the MAF, and i guess learning a different route to tune Fords instead of the other softwares...
    Go take a look at the returnless fuel pump parameter availability in SCT verses HP, for example. There is a lot missing, and not just in the returnless pump area.
    Having fun!

^^^^^^Tru Dat-j