Thread: Afterstart Enrichment?

Advanced Tuner

Afterstart Enrichment?

I know a while back someone posted up (I believe ECTune) some tables to try playing with for lean hot starts. I am running 1barOLSD and anytime I shut if off and leave it sit for 15 min or so it runs extremely lean on startup and gradually comes back to normal after about 5min. or so. Where should I start on this to try to eliminate this? Thanks

04 Sierra Denali,370,S485B, Built 4L80E, 3barOLSD, E85

98 Z28
    stock ls1 engine,A4,Fast 90/90,SLP lid,Ms3 112LSA,LT Headers,TCI 3500stall,semens 60 inj,ASP under drive ,3.73 gear,11.82 1/4 .sold

I've been having issues with my idle as well...

With a stock VE table, the car won't idle without throttle until it enters closed loop.

With a 'tuned accurate' VE table, as per Wideband feedback, the idle is hit or miss... some days it will start and run fine... some times it will hot-start fine... others it needs throttle.

changing the VE table seems to be the easiest way to fix the idle, but then it's technically not 'accurate'.

I can only assume the VE should be left accurate, and other settings used to fix the idle such as frictional airflow, decay, and afterstart enrichment, but who knows... I've played with all the tables with limited success...

Using VE to correct Idle ... I dunno, maybe that is the right thing to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy0x1 View Post
    I've been having issues with my idle as well...

With a stock VE table, the car won't idle without throttle until it enters closed loop.

With a 'tuned accurate' VE table, as per Wideband feedback, the idle is hit or miss... some days it will start and run fine... some times it will hot-start fine... others it needs throttle.

changing the VE table seems to be the easiest way to fix the idle, but then it's technically not 'accurate'.

I can only assume the VE should be left accurate, and other settings used to fix the idle such as frictional airflow, decay, and afterstart enrichment, but who knows... I've played with all the tables with limited success...

Using VE to correct Idle ... I dunno, maybe that is the right thing to do...
    Have you tried the Open Loop Fueling table?
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

I glanced at that table once, but haven't tried modifying anything in there yet. It's hard to nail down when the issue is intermittent.

When I find more time, I'll have to play with it...

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks man.

04 Sierra Denali,370,S485B, Built 4L80E, 3barOLSD, E85

Quote Originally Posted by 03Sierraslt View Post
    Thanks man.
    did that fix you issue. i am having a similar problem
    1999 TransAm: Stock shortblock, LS6 cam, 317 heads, 60# injectors, TC76 front mount