Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 3 bar MAP's

Advanced Tuner
    lol, I have a pair but no credits or pigtails. any time I see anyone talking about ordering them, I refer to pa though.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks alot man! I think we are the cheapest around, least that I have seen. MazdaSpeed guys use these sensors, and they charge $80 a piece!

Advanced Tuner
    I can think of one place that's about equal but you have to get the wiring from another spot, ends up being a few bucks more plus shipping. f buying from 2 different places and they also don't support the community.

Advanced Tuner
    Right on, I think i know what place you are talking about too.

Got my kit from the dealer in one day. Of course I paid 500 bucks for it! But I got the niffty stickers and the warrantee!
    2008 Cobalt SSTC S1
    67 RS Camaro 406 ci 12 sec 1/4mi
    87 Pachanga22 502ci 500hp

Advanced Tuner
    honestly I've never had any warranty problems with having hp tuners, but if you have 5x the cash more power to you. do you have hp tuners as well? if so that extra money was pretty much a waste.

Well I am kind of frugal and it was a tough call. I have HPT and another ECM I will enhance tune the GMPP tune on. The original will stay untouched except for stock GMPP S1. I think the factory tune will add some value to the car on resale insted of detracting from sale price. Plus I am designing some Stage One badges for the side of the car.
    2008 Cobalt SSTC S1
    67 RS Camaro 406 ci 12 sec 1/4mi
    87 Pachanga22 502ci 500hp

Definitely had a solid chat with my dealer a few days ago. [who's been super awesome and warrantied every single thing on my car that blew up even with all my shit bolted on/tune still in] Apparently in Canada the GMS Kit voids the powertrain warranty even if purchased from GM and installed by them, he even called GM Canada and they confirmed it. Pretty shitty fucking deal overall. I take it it's not like that in the states?

^ I have to call on that one.
    I know many people with the Stage 1 installed in Canada, still covered by full warranty.

If your dealership is going to try to dick you around like that, I'd be looking for a new dealership to get work done at.
    Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by omega_5 View Post
    ^ I have to call on that one.
    I know many people with the Stage 1 installed in Canada, still covered by full warranty.

If your dealership is going to try to dick you around like that, I'd be looking for a new dealership to get work done at.
    Neg, my dealership has replaced so much shit for me its insane, never been dicked once and they pretty much bend over backwards for me. I think the problem is that I'm out of my normal warranty and I'm now in the extended warranty. Have any of the people with issues had complete engine failure? That's where my service advisor said I would get fucked if I brought it in with the GMS kit installed.

Quote Originally Posted by pantherqs View Post
    Neg, my dealership has replaced so much shit for me its insane, never been dicked once and they pretty much bend over backwards for me. I think the problem is that I'm out of my normal warranty and I'm now in the extended warranty.
    Ah... that's probably the deal. The initial warranty, it should be covered... but GM has some crazy fine print with the extended warranty.
    Tyler

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by quickboat View Post
    Well I am kind of frugal and it was a tough call. I have HPT and another ECM I will enhance tune the GMPP tune on. The original will stay untouched except for stock GMPP S1. I think the factory tune will add some value to the car on resale insted of detracting from sale price. Plus I am designing some Stage One badges for the side of the car.
    oh that's all good then lol.

The 3 Bars came in today! Hope to have them on and the stage tune loaded by Sunday can't wait to see what happens. Please don't let me down!

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

I am still waiting them for the ship out...

Ordered on April 26th...
    Only motor

thats the same date thats on my invoice

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Advanced Tuner
    It takes longer to ship to spain :P

oh damn, didn't know that he was in Spain!

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by mkriebs View Post
    It takes longer to ship to spain :P
    It hasn't been shipped yet...
    Only motor

Advanced Tuner
    We're on the same page now Carlos! Sorry for that!

Mine will be arriving tomorrow too. Hopefully I have time to install them in the next week or so. I have a tune to do on the dyno next Wednesday, and would like to throw mine on when I get done.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriebs View Post
    We're on the same page now Carlos! Sorry for that!

Mine will be arriving tomorrow too. Hopefully I have time to install them in the next week or so. I have a tune to do on the dyno next Wednesday, and would like to throw mine on when I get done.

Matt, once I have installed the pigtails and sensors, can I write entire directly the 07 GMPP kappa file (my chasis and year) on my pcm?
    Only motor