Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: 3 bar MAP's

Am I the first GT with the GMPP sensors?

I started the car and everything is OK, no faults, no codes and good map readings.

I'll try the car tomorrow.
    Only motor

Advanced Tuner
    I'm guessing you have a opel gt? there are people with solstice and skys with the gmpp, they are the ones who found this works in the first place.

I tried the car today... It goes smoother than fully stock, I love it! I'll try to combine the Lambda/DAL/Advance/Raise limiter tomorrow.

I am very happy with the upgrade.

PS: How can I try the NLS?
    Only motor

Quote Originally Posted by kuprito View Post
    I tried the car today... It goes smoother than fully stock, I love it! I'll try to combine the Lambda/DAL/Advance/Raise limiter tomorrow.

I am very happy with the upgrade.

PS: How can I try the NLS?
    What year is your gt? You got a manual boost gauge? If you do, do me a favor, get it in fourth and tell me what you're hitting after you put the modified tune on, and tell me what you're holding in third.

*Edit: As for the NLS, just keep the gas pedal down the whole time, clutch in quickly shift gear clutch out. I have my limiters set at 6800 on my Kappa and it shifts fine every time. My car falls on its face during nlsing if the injector disable table isn't zero'd out though so if it does for you, zero that table out and try again.
    Last edited by pantherqs; 05-21-2010 at 02:40 PM.

Ok, just shift then? Like the powershifts but not damaging the clutch, right?

My GT is a '07 GT. I've got a digital and very very accurate gauge (BLITZ DCIV). I'll tell you tomorrow.

One more question... What does the Overboost table stand for? I've never go into limpmode with 1.7bar peak boost (+300 DAL). Is that for BT applications only?

One more thing! Cold start is MUCH MORE QUIETER!
    Only motor

1-2-3rd.............1.3-1.4bar max (ALMOST STOCK)
    4th...................1.59b holding til...I had to let off, too much speed

That's the GMPP tune, I'll tell you tomorrow with the "Magic touch".
    Only motor

W T F!!!!!!!!!!!!

This mod is awesome! I am getting 2.05bar (29.7PSI) of boost while I was getting 1.60b without the GMPP OS. I am getting 1.59b (23.06PSI) til the cutoff at 7000rpm. That's on 4th and 5th, the 3 first gears are a bit "light", I don't know why because there is no torque limitation or anything on the tables we can see.

I am really impressed by the changes.

PS: I tried the NLS for a while and I think I burnt a little bit my clutch making NLS from 4th to 5th. Can I break the turbo into pieces having this boost?
    Last edited by kuprito; 05-22-2010 at 06:35 AM.
    Only motor

Only motor

You're seeing kinda the same results that I had on my Solstice. Except mine actually held 30+ in fourth until the car just broke up and heatsoaked. It's the reason I took the stage kit off.

Also don't NLS 4th to 5th, that's such a bad idea on our aisin's.

Lower the DAL's until you see 270 kPa or 24 psi. Anything above that is asking for blown up piston ring lands.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

I am doing it right now!

Thanks!!!
    Only motor

I am doing it right now!

Thanks!!!
    Tell me how it works out for you.

Advanced Tuner
    I had to drop my dal's to 230% to get 25psi, at 260% i was hitting over 30psi.

Advanced Tuner
    Aren't you guys getting a lot of knock retard on these high boost pulls? I mean, what kind of timing advance is it running at 25-30psi? I'd love to see a log
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Running 230s on my DAL table and I am still peaking high 28s psi just for a milisecond....

It's a bit difficult to set the boost because I am having the pressure I want in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, but it's peaking 28s in 4th...

Do we need a boost controller for our high boost cars? It seems that our WG solenoid is having problems with so much boost.
    Only motor

Running 230s on my DAL table and I am still peaking high 28s psi just for a milisecond....

It's a bit difficult to set the boost because I am having the pressure I want in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, but it's peaking 28s in 4th...

Do we need a boost controller for our high boost cars? It seems that our WG solenoid is having problems with so much boost.
    I temporarily alleviated that issue by enabling some torque management in fourth.

Torque Management - General - Maximum Torque - RPM vs. Gear. Just keep in mind that the tables are labeled retardedly and 5th is actually 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by pantherqs View Post
    Torque Management - General - Maximum Torque - RPM vs. Gear. Just keep in mind that the tables are labeled retardedly and 5th is actually 4th.
    I have all this table with 100s

Do I need to drop the values in 5th column?
    Only motor

I have all this table with 100s

Do I need to drop the values in 5th column?
    Dropping it on my Sol in the 5th colum reduced my 4th gear boost by a decent amount. I'd say try 70 and build up or down from there. Also keep an eye on your timing and see what's being commanded.

Perfect!

Thanks!
    Only motor