Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 bar MAP's

Advanced Tuner
    gatewayecotec.com is where I have a few hosted up.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
    gatewayecotec.com is where I have a few hosted up.
    Ahh...My bad, I forgot to mention 09 Cobalt. I did check your page though and unfortunately, no dice. Thanks anyway

Advanced Tuner
    sorry got deleted somehow, its the first one I got lol. ill upload it tonight. werks needs to send me pigtails in exchange for me supplying the hpt tunes to them lol.

Advanced Tuner
    Dang, thanks for referring everyone Tom! And thanks to all that have ordered. I have been selling alot of these kits lately, and its good to see things working out, and that they haven't gone on backorder again :P

If anyone needs the base GMPP tune, post up in a thread that I have posted in. I try to check here once a week or so to see whats up but PM's for some reason do not alert me in my email, but posts do so it might be a bit if you PM me, and I will track one down for you.

You are welcome, Matt.

Still debating whether to do this or not but the sensors arrived today. I guess I can flash to the stock GMPP file come emissions time. My county scans the OBDII connector, don't know how thorough they are. Two years 'til I have to test anyway.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    I would do them. I think you would get the mid range control that you want over the pill. Plus, I am not sure what other things the GMPP calibration changed, but I am wondering if it may have changed the fueling a bit.

Got the heat shrink today. If I get the weekend off I'll prob do it.

Advanced Tuner
    Placing my order today

Anyone know after doing a write entire with the GMPP if my VIN will be wrong in the ECU?

Might bugger up my emission test in the future OBDII and all.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mkriebs View Post
    I would do them. I think you would get the mid range control that you want over the pill. Plus, I am not sure what other things the GMPP calibration changed, but I am wondering if it may have changed the fueling a bit.
    I noticed that they messed with the optimum torque, ramped up the Max torque in what looks to be the mid-range and bumped up the timing one degree in the 215 (our 200) column.

I thought the optimum torque utilized the "PE" table to come to a calculated total?

BTW, order placed

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    Anyone know after doing a write entire with the GMPP if my VIN will be wrong in the ECU?
    The vin stays intact, nothing changes.

Advanced Tuner
    Can anyone tell me what they're using for the O-rings that need to be replaced? After doing some searching, I hear they're just injector o-rings? How about the bolts? Can we re-use the stockers(bolts that is)?

Advanced Tuner
    Here's more info on the orings http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/791805-post206.html
    I got mine from JoshMcMadMac, he was nice enough to send me some.
    You use the original bolts, but i had trouble lining up the sensor with the original threads in the intake manifold so i had to remove the metal sleeve from the sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by shabby View Post
    The vin stays intact, nothing changes.
    Thanks for the info, I may start on the manifold MAP tonight.

Edit: MAP & TMAP are in...took about 1.5 hrs with soldering & heatshrink, taping looms, ect...going to load the tune now.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 04-16-2010 at 07:05 PM.

WHOO-HOO!!! It's alive!!

No errors, no pill and even with the fuel trims -5.5 had a 5.6 sec 60 - 100 pull.

Time to get tweakin'

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    I noticed that they messed with the optimum torque, ramped up the Max torque in what looks to be the mid-range and bumped up the timing one degree in the 215 (our 200) column.

I thought the optimum torque utilized the "PE" table to come to a calculated total?

BTW, order placed
    Yeah, but there are also tables that are changed, that we cannot see, for some reason. Mainly the wastegate control, which allows us to boost beyond 22 psi on the GMPP Calibration. Unless thats part of the MAP scaling... and I am misunderstanding it wrong. Either way, SOMETHING we cannot see gets changed, so I am somewhat wondering if there are more changes we cannot see.

Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    WHOO-HOO!!! It's alive!!

No errors, no pill and even with the fuel trims -5.5 had a 5.6 sec 60 - 100 pull.

Time to get tweakin'
    Good to hear man, i will be ordering some soon! What did the tweaking get you to?

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Don't know yet, going to start over on the MAF tuning over the next week. My Slowbalt usually ran around 5.2 - 5.5 sec 60-100 with the pill at 27-24 psi midrange, tapering off to 18 at 6500 rpm.

very nice, I can't wait to see the results

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Here's a shot from today. 5.2 sec 60 - 100, 16.5* advance up top. NO KNOCK!!! Getting there. Seeing 24 psi at 3500 tapering off to 17 psi or so. Still need some MAF Freq work.