Thread: zeroing out adder tables?

zeroing out adder tables?

Is there any draw back from say zeroing out adder tables such as iat spark, ect spark, or pe add vs tps, and add vs rpm???? This way what I command in my base afr vs ect and hi/lo octane tables are what i should get......

There's still a couple other tables that effect the end spark IE EGR/TCC but you can't access them with HPT. Nothing is wrong with zeroing out these tables though... I do too. IAT spark is helpful to add timing when in low load/crusing to increase your MPG's.

Advanced Tuner
    You take away the PCM's ability to adapt by zeroing them out.. Why would you want to do that?
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.

Advanced Tuner
    0'ing IAT spark correct and ECT spark correction is crazy,why would you want to take that away?They are there for good reasons
    If your ECT starts to get to hot,spark must be pulled,same with the IAT temps.
    If your IAT temps increase to 140 degrees F for example,the burn rate is greatly increased,therefor spark must be pulled.Taking this out of the loop is not good practice at all.
    Most rookies will do this thinking it is what makes them run better,which in turn will actually leave you with damaged pistons and so forth down the road due to detonation in the worse conditions.
    If that is ok,then by all means 0 them out,However I personally would not

Advanced Tuner
    I havent zeroed out any adders personally

but usually people posting about doing it are trying to get the same amount of final/total timing at all times , usually trying to chase sporadic kr issues in an effort to remove variables and gain consistency

most of those tables dont change much if at all unless sensors see extreme temps
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Advanced Tuner
    ECT adds timing when cold (when you shouldnt be beating on your car anyway) and takes away when hot (makes sense, would rather have it there for safety)..

IAT... Never adds timing in any stock v6 bin I have seen.. Only takes away as heat rises (again, taking timing away for safety... I would rather have it be consistent or low when needed)..

The one adding table that would really affect us is one we cant see in HPT.. Not a big issue if you have the whole system disabled, but there is a table that adds timing based on EGR valve position. In the many v6 cars I have looked at, it can add way more then what IAT or ECT spark will take away at any given time.
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.