Thread: High idle issue with Maggied 06 GT

Unhappy High idle issue with Maggied 06 GT

Good afternoon everyone,
    We have a 06 mustang GT in the shop that has a Steeda/Maggie MP112 that is having some cold start idle issues. We usually do not do any Ford work but this is a great customer and friend and I would like to help him out. On to the problem.

The car has a tendency to high idle on a cold startup. It will start and run at about 1400rpm, then drop to 1200-1300, then shoot up to 1800-2800 rpm and slowly start working its way back down. When it drops to about 1000 rpm it feels like it gets rich and stumbles a couple of times.

I attached a data log and you can see that when looking at the O2 sensors that it is running really rich and during the idle flare it is running 0* of timing. I am not good with Fords and know very little, I would like to at least have a base knowledge and will be doing a lot of searching tonight. That being said I will take any advise I can get!

Thank in advance!!!

Tune and Log is attached, if you need any more data or want me to log specifics let me know and I will make it happen.
    Last edited by 01 MidMet WS6; 04-07-2010 at 03:57 PM.
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners

Thanks for the input, this problem is happening when the car is in open loop (firts 15-20 seconds of run time). So I dont think that it is oxygen sensor related, possibly more of an excessive cold start enrichment?? But like you I am not familiar with Ford tunes.

Thanks for the input!
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners

Anyone have any thoughts? I did some additional data logging and would love some help. I know there are some Fordaholics out there bursting with information!

unfortunately 98% of them aren't on this forum. i wish traffic and people using hpt to tune fords would increase. i have never seen hpt advertise anywhere. i only heard about it from my friend that is a gm tuner. hpt should advertise in ford mags...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    unfortunately 98% of them aren't on this forum. i wish traffic and people using hpt to tune fords would increase. i have never seen hpt advertise anywhere. i only heard about it from my friend that is a gm tuner. hpt should advertise in ford mags...
    Hopefully the 2% will jump in and help out Am i being optimistic??

Try the changes as shown. Could you post your stock tune, as there are no stock 2006 Mustang manual trans tunes in the repository.

You need to log Mass Air Volts, Commanded Eq. and Air Load. Then you can set up the histograms for tuning.

Russ Kemp
    Last edited by Russ K; 04-13-2010 at 08:48 PM.

Thanks for the input. I will get the car back, make your recommended changes and do some more data logging. This might not happen right away depending on his schedule but again, thanks a million for the input!!

Carl