Thread: OBD2 programming and faults

Tuner in Training

OBD2 programming and faults

Most people need to pass their emissions, but I'm trying to pass an EPA certification.

I'm having a problem where 7 of the 8 monitors set as "ready", but 1 is always 'incomplete'.

The one that won't run is the O2 Sensor Monitor.

Can those of you who have code level access to HP tuners "see" the OBD2 programming? While it could be many things, I am wondering if reflashing or something I have done has introduced an error into the computer or memory that has corrupted the O2 Sensor Monitor while leaving the most all other functions intact.

Alternatively, I would like to know why the O2 sensor monitor is not running. I imagine there is some subroutine that runs and checks various parameters, it hits one that it doesn't like and kills the monitor run. If I could see that error, something like a debugger stops the code at an error, it would be very useful in troubleshooting the whole OBD2 system.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bboy View Post
    Most people need to pass their emissions, but I'm trying to pass an EPA certification.

I'm having a problem where 7 of the 8 monitors set as "ready", but 1 is always 'incomplete'.

The one that won't run is the O2 Sensor Monitor.

Can those of you who have code level access to HP tuners "see" the OBD2 programming? While it could be many things, I am wondering if reflashing or something I have done has introduced an error into the computer or memory that has corrupted the O2 Sensor Monitor while leaving the most all other functions intact.

Alternatively, I would like to know why the O2 sensor monitor is not running. I imagine there is some subroutine that runs and checks various parameters, it hits one that it doesn't like and kills the monitor run. If I could see that error, something like a debugger stops the code at an error, it would be very useful in troubleshooting the whole OBD2 system.
    Do you have rear O2 sensors? They monitor the health of the front O2's via this test generally.

Potential Tuner
    Actually , the rear HO2 sensors monitor the function of the catalytic convertors to make sure they are operating at an acceptable level of emissions reduction .