Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first LBZ tune, take a look?

Tried the tune this weekend. Runs good, stock trans is getting weaker though.

Thanks for trying it!

Since then I have tweaked and changed the tune a bunch.

Increased the defueling minimum to 20% to try and help out the tranny.

Opened up fueling to 3900-4000. Pulls hard but now rail pressure is dropping off in the higher rpms so I have an Edelbrock pump on the way I'm going to make my own lift pump setup (bought that BD filter setup too).

Changed shift speeds (MPH), tq converter lock-up speeds a lil bit.

Fine tuned and tweaked some fuel tables.. added a little pulsewidth and re-calculated the timing table.

Fine tuned spedo for 265's via GPS

I can get almost 100MPH out of 4th by revving a little over 3900.. I think with a pump it will run real nice up to there

Tweaked turbo vane position some more down low. Also added some slight turbo braking on decel.

Just smoothed some tables out to make everything as nice as possible.

Seems to work well... hope the tranny will hold up

Pretty happy with the tune
    06 LBZ DMax / 6spd Allison 4x4 ACSB - Self built/tuned sideways s366 setup | DPC converter / Co-Pilot | Holley HP150 / BD Filter setup | hood stack | Homebuilt IC pipes | Homebuilt Trac Bars | Black951's | Coolingmist stg1 | ISSpro | PPE | self lowered 3/5 | Roll Pan 12.6@105 5800ft (stock trans)
    02 WRX w/ STi 6spd - Self built/tuned Holset setup w/ a buttload of other goodies 11.75@119mph 4800ft (stock block) Built Motor finished!
    TJI Tuning

What are the differences on form LBZ to LLY... I would like to give her a shot... I also cant use the timing calc because I cant find an old version. the new version has more stuff on it...

Edit: I compared tunes and well lets say I cant even compare tunes yours is so different..
    Last edited by 22eco; 05-23-2010 at 04:12 PM.
    2002 Pontaic Sunfire 4 Door 2.2 Ecotec
    15.9 best 1/4 @ 87mph (I/H/E)

2005 Silverado 2500HD 2WD LLY, Amsoil in the motor, 4" MBRP DP back, 4-6" tip, EGR Blocker plate, small HP Tune, boost and pyro gauge. PPE shim kit.

14.8 best 1/4 @ 91 MPH
    @ aprox 68*

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralTJI View Post
    Thanks for trying it!

Since then I have tweaked and changed the tune a bunch.

Increased the defueling minimum to 20% to try and help out the tranny.

Opened up fueling to 3900-4000. Pulls hard but now rail pressure is dropping off in the higher rpms so I have an Edelbrock pump on the way I'm going to make my own lift pump setup (bought that BD filter setup too).

Changed shift speeds (MPH), tq converter lock-up speeds a lil bit.

Fine tuned and tweaked some fuel tables.. added a little pulsewidth and re-calculated the timing table.

Fine tuned spedo for 265's via GPS

I can get almost 100MPH out of 4th by revving a little over 3900.. I think with a pump it will run real nice up to there

Tweaked turbo vane position some more down low. Also added some slight turbo braking on decel.

Just smoothed some tables out to make everything as nice as possible.

Seems to work well... hope the tranny will hold up

Pretty happy with the tune
    Have you posted your latest tune anywhere?

Hey, finally got the timing calculator to work and just used it on the tune you posted, haven't tried it out yet but it advanced most of the timing.

Potential Tuner
    unable to open your file?

I need to try that timing calc again.
    2002 Pontaic Sunfire 4 Door 2.2 Ecotec
    15.9 best 1/4 @ 87mph (I/H/E)

2005 Silverado 2500HD 2WD LLY, Amsoil in the motor, 4" MBRP DP back, 4-6" tip, EGR Blocker plate, small HP Tune, boost and pyro gauge. PPE shim kit.

14.8 best 1/4 @ 91 MPH
    @ aprox 68*

Is this tune completely out of the question on a stock LBZ?
    2003 Galaxy Silver Limited Edition GTP
    Mods: 2.8 MPS | S2IC | XP CAM | GEN V | 65# | E85 | TOGS | N* TB | HPT PRO | Impala Brakes | BUILT TRANS w/3.29 GRS

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 6.2
    Mods: HPT PRO

Potential Tuner
    Digging up from the dead

Have a stock LBZ I wanna try this on, anyone have the tune anywhere that can send to me?

Tuner in Training
    I'm curious as well lol

Potential Tuner
    I would like to try this tune as well, if its available please PM me.
    Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    General,
    Been reading your tune post however don't see the tune posted. Would you mind sharing it? I am new to the tune world and trying to learn. I'm running an 06 LBZ.

Thank you,
    Wimpy

Quote Originally Posted by Wimpy View Post
    General,
    Been reading your tune post however don't see the tune posted. Would you mind sharing it? I am new to the tune world and trying to learn. I'm running an 06 LBZ.

Thank you,
    Wimpy
    His post is from 2010, you're a little late to the party!