Thread: torque converter lockup speed..shudder??

torque converter lockup speed..shudder??

I have yank py3400e stall. So far have set my tune so that I don't have lockup in third and its not set to 45mph in fourth. Also because of my power level and what yank said I don't lock it up past 30% either.

I find when test and tuning around town I often go lighter throttle and hit 45mph so just wondering is there any real reason not to put it at say 55 instead of 45.

Also think I get shudder or something when it goes to lockup.Is this normal.
    I have something set to 100 and 90 as per some recommendation. Should I set anything back to more stock settings.

I would post tune but since have Greg Banish injector data don't think am supposed to.That is pain in the butt but I respect Gregs work and won't do it.I realize this can make it harder to check my tunes.
    99 TAWS6 ERL 427 superdeck,AFR 225, LS9 cam, 1.7 yella terras, fluiddampr, fast 90/90,APS Twin turbos LG upgraded turbos,cutout.80 pound injectors, RPM 4l80e ,yank py3400, dana 60, lonnies dual pump fuel system,zex direct port,ron davis rad,ais alc injection
    interceptor guages, eboost 2.

Other toys 91 race talon turbo awd, 97 talon awd turbo, 2008 Z06

Advanced Tuner
    Raise the lock up apply and release mph until the tcc problems go away.

Senior Tuner
    Shudder comes from too little or too slow an apply, you
    might look at the TCC-locked line added under General
    Pressure if duty alone isn't doing it for you. But nothing
    wrong with 99% duty either.

Advanced Tuner
    Your lock up pwm should be 98 min and max, the whole table, both of them.
    By your description of the problem it sounds like you're locking it up at too low a MPH.
    It has the effect of driving a manual trans car 20 mph in 5th gear.

Is tcc apply to low? It will shudder on apply and low speed cruise.
    Is tcc slipping? It will shudder under as much power you can give it while locked up.
    Last edited by Jason B; 04-28-2010 at 04:11 PM.