Thread: anyone using for SC 3.8?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

anyone using for SC 3.8?

just wondering when i need help who to ask for...i just purchased an 00 gtp and I'll be getting hptuners for it since i already have it for my 98 Z...i know the stuff i can modify is gonna be different since ive already seen my friends 3.8 file for his late model camaro...seems nobody on any gtp boards is using it so i figured maybe some are on here??
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner

Re: anyone using for SC 3.8?

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    just wondering when i need help who to ask for...i just purchased an 00 gtp and I'll be getting hptuners for it since i already have it for my 98 Z...i know the stuff i can modify is gonna be different since ive already seen my friends 3.8 file for his late model camaro...seems nobody on any gtp boards is using it so i figured maybe some are on here??

there are some GTP people around.. and the guys at hp tuners are also super helpfull..
    -Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    Wrong on the HPT usage on the CGP boards. There are several that have it. Even a couple of people have DHP's Powrtuner and HPT. 3800SC tuning people are just newer to this tuning game. It is difficult to recommend suggestions when the person themselves do not understand the tables.

You will need to read this forum in detail, and also LS1Tech in the PCM tuning section is the greatest resource to information on tables and what they effect.

I do not really build custom tables. I have purchased files from Intense Racing that work extremely well. Scott sells files directly that are not locked, and you will get a great foundation to build a custom from.

Loyde

Tuner in Training

I've been tuing with it for a few months on my 04. It is lacking a lot of the tables of the LS1, but it has all the important ones. I used it to tweak the trans a little and dial in some new injectors.

-Geoff

Tuner in Training

Using it on my 98...

So far so good...

Baby steps...
    13.605 @ 107.33 mph - 2.33 60\'

Tuner in Training

Yes, there's a whole bunch of us taking small steps. I usually change one or two things at a time. I'm very happy with the results so far.

You probably won't see too many of us posting on ClubGp, at least for a little while yet. Personally I'm tired of the goons that step in and ruin threads on there.

John

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk
    I've been tuing with it for a few months on my 04. It is lacking a lot of the tables of the LS1, but it has all the important ones. I used it to tweak the trans a little and dial in some new injectors.

-Geoff
    the V6 PCM runs completely different code than the LS1 V8 PCMs. A lot of things that are in the V8 code do not exist in the V6 code (and vice versa). The code is a lot smaller, however the 04's and 05's have grown a little...

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners

the V6 PCM runs completely different code than the LS1 V8 PCMs. A lot of things that are in the V8 code do not exist in the V6 code (and vice versa). The code is a lot smaller, however the 04's and 05's have grown a little...
    I wasn't saying that as a slam against the software. It has all the things I care about (fuel, timing, etc.).

Any news oon getting the scan tool working a little better? I am heading to the M9 race in Stanton Michigan this weekend and would like to log my IPW and stuff like that.

-Geoff

Tuner in Training

I have both the HPT software, and the DHP Powrtuner. I myself am still trying to take my first couple steps in changing the paramters for either one. Just learning how to use either software seems to take so much time. Im probably just a slow learner though :P
    -Scott