Thread: Quick DFCO question

Quick DFCO question

I have a question regarding the MAP entry and exit description.

It says that the MAP values need to be below the values entered in order to enter or exit DFCO. Do they mean below numerically or below in pressure? Because a lower numerical value is actually less pressure (more vacuum).
    2000 ECSB Sierra, with a lot of tuning to do.

Yes. If your setting is 21, you won't go into DFCO until your MAP drops below that.

Tony
    05 CTS-V l LS6 l Maggie l Magnaflow Cat-back l Meth l 439rwhp/414rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Yes. If your setting is 21, you won't go into DFCO until your MAP drops below that.

Tony
    So I will go into DFCO if my MAP numerical value is 20 or if the pressure drops below 21 (i.e. 22)?
    Last edited by vanillagorilla; 04-23-2010 at 01:05 PM. Reason: clarification
    2000 ECSB Sierra, with a lot of tuning to do.

"Enable Map vs. Baro" If the entry number is 21, then the number on the gauge in the scanner has to be 20 or a lower number.
    Yes, it's numerical.

Keep in mind, I am still new. But this is something I've learned here, and have done myself.
    05 CTS-V l LS6 l Maggie l Magnaflow Cat-back l Meth l 439rwhp/414rwtq

Tuner
    It may help you to do a scan on the car while driving it and log both MAP and Vacuum PID's. They are just inverses of each other but it might help you visualize how the MAP values change as you open and close the throttle. As you open the throttle more, the MAP values increase, as you close the throttle the values decrease. So the threash hold for DFCO being lower than 21 is a way of the VCM ensuring that you are actually closing the throttle down instead opening it.